Opposites Attract

Ben Warren was a dedicated cop, always on the lookout for any criminal activity in the city. He believed in upholding the law and putting away perpetrators of crime. He moved from Seattle to Baltimore in pursuit of a big case. Taking down a notorious crime syndicate that he heard about. He knew an arrest in that case could make his whole career. But little did he know, he would meet the one criminal that would change his perspective on everything he believed in.

Miranda Bailey was the head of a notorious crime syndicate, running illegal activities all over the city. She was cunning, and ruthless and had a network of loyal followers who would do anything for her. No one had ever been able to catch her or bring her down. The cops didn't even know she was the leader. She was anonymous. Many thought the leader was a man due to her use of henchmen but those who knew about her feared her.

Ben and Miranda first crossed paths during a high-speed car chase. Miranda was driving a stolen car and Ben was in pursuit. She switched lanes and slowed down allowing him to pass her. Their eyes locked through the window. He stared at her with determination in his eyes. He was going to catch her and arrest her but something inside him shifted. He was immediately captivated by her beauty and her daring nature. At the time he didn't know who she was. He thought she was just someone on a car chase. But later he found out he had just locked eyes with the target of his case.

"What happened out there" One of her men asked when she walked into the warehouse after the chase

"New cop was too busy drooling over me and I slipped past him" She shrugged "You all were sloppy and that's how they caught up"

"Miranda with all due respect" He started to speak but her glare made him shut up "Nevermind"

"You need a reminder of who the hell you're about to address" She snapped

"No" He shook his head

"You are not on my level to be calling me by my name. Never. Mention my name" She gritted her teeth

"He said your name," Another one of her workers asked

"Loud and clear with his whole chest" She nodded

"You bugged" He punched him

"Easy" She yelled at him

"No, she called us sloppy and I was going to say that she was the lookout on that heist and she didn't alert us"

"Cry about it" He shrugged punching him again

"Didn't I say easy" She snapped

"I like punching" He laughed walking away

"Don't get blood on my floor. I don't want blood on my shoes" She walked past the man on the floor

As the months went by, Ben found himself in various situations where he could have easily arrested Miranda, but he always let her slip away. He couldn't bring himself to do it, not because he was afraid, but because he was in love with her.

Her workers were confused about how this one cop was hot on their trail and yet they still hadn't been taken down. They looked toward their boss. She was taunting this cop. She put herself in positions to be caught and yet she didn't get caught. They were at the warehouse relishing in the high of their latest job gone well.

"We're on the top" She raised her glass of bourbon

"To boss" A worker winked taking a sip

"To boss's new boyfriend that cop" A worker laughed

"What the hell did you just say" She pulled out a weapon and aimed it straight at him causing him to quickly stop laughing and drop his glass "And you're breaking my stuff"