Vampires

A/N: My best friend and I discussed how I never watched twilight and now for some reason vampires are on my mind. So here's whatever this is 😂
_________________________________________
"Miranda, baby" Ben walked in their bedroom. It was dark and his wife was in bed. Richard had called him because she didn't show up to work today. He had slept at the fire station last night.

"Ben" Her voice sounded raspy

"Are you okay" He walked over to her side of the bed to look at her. Her skin tone had a noticeable difference and she was awfully cold he noted.
"Baby are you sick"

She slowly opened her eyes to look at him

"Your eyes..." He stepped back out of shock "They're....red". He didn't mean bloodshot. He stared at her irises and they were a deep crimson red.

"Ben" She sighed

"What is going on here baby" He was very confused. His wife's skin tone was different, she was cold, and instead of having those beautiful deep brown eyes he was used to looking at, piercing red ones were looking at him instead.

"A peculiar patient came in last night to the ER" She sighed "I helped him. He wasn't complaining of anything so I asked him why was he in the ER. He told me in a cold voice that sent goosebumps throughout my body. Hospitals have blood. I didn't know what to make of that. I thought he was on something and next thing I know he's biting me. And I lost my free will. I could not move or fight him off of me. I was paralyzed right there. Then everything went hazy and when I came to he was gone but I was in the bed with Richard standing over me"

"What" Ben was still very confused by the tale his wife was telling him. It didn't make sense.

"I ask what happened and Richard says he found me lying in an ER bed and had questions himself. No one saw the patient but me. I told Richard I thought something happened to me. I told him a patient bit me. He ran some tests and told me to go home. I listened and so I came straight home. I showered and I went to bed. Then all of a sudden I started feeling weird. Like the life had been drained out of me. I got up to go get some water and I walked past the mirror. But the strangest thing"

"You didn't see yourself" He asked

"What?" She looked at him "No my eyes are red. Why wouldn't I see myself"

"Well Tuck and I we're watching this movie about Vampires and they don't have reflections"

"Vampires. What are you talking about? A patient bit me Ben this is serious. The test results aren't back yet and I took antibiotics but what if that freak gave me something"

"He turned you into a vampire" Ben got closer to examine his wife's eyes

"What are you doing" She asked

"I kind of like them red" He smiled "It's different"

"Ben I need to know what's going on with me. I don't need you admiring me"

"I'm telling you. Based on what I saw. You're a vampire now. You're pale, you have red eyes, you're cold. Your voice doesn't even sound the same. I bet you have fangs and a thirst for blood"

She showed him her teeth and he just tapped his chin. "Okay so maybe your fangs haven't come in yet" He shrugged

"Or there's no such thing as vampires and that man gave me some sort of deadly disease and I am lying here dying"

"Hmm" He looked at her "I am going to do something drastic" He slowly walked over to her

"What are you doing" She asked

"Look at my neck" He titled his head "see that vein. It make you feel any kind of way"

"I am irritated my husband is entertaining some fantasy idea based on a movie he watched with our son" She shook his head