Doctors Make The Worst Patients

Ben taking care of a sick Miranda.
———————————————————-
There's a saying doctors make the worst patients. They always try to be ahead of their own care instead of letting someone care for them. And for Ben, it was 10x worse because his wife was a very stubborn woman. Miranda started feeling unusually nauseous and complained about a persistent stomachache. Ben, concerned for his wife's well-being, suggested that it might be food poisoning from the restaurant they had visited.

As the day progressed, Miranda's condition worsened. The once-vibrant and energetic doctor found herself bedridden, unable to keep even the simplest meals down. Ben, growing increasingly worried, insisted that Miranda visit the hospital for a thorough examination, fearing it could be more than a bad case of food poisoning. But she insisted that she was fine and didn't need Ben to take care of her and she certainly didn't need to go to a hospital.

"Miranda are you okay" Ben knocked on the bathroom door
He was only greeted with groans and he opened the door. She was lying on the bathroom floor staring up at the ceiling. Her eyes were blank and she was groaning

"You still think you don't need me to take care of you"

"Ben, is that you" She tried to sit up

"Are you feeling delirious?" He asked

"I don't have the energy to think so yes" She slowly blinked her eyes

"You need fluids" He rubbed his face "Want me to take you to the hospital"

"I am not keeping up from this floor. If I move I will throw up"

"I don't think that's how that works"

"Ben, don't tell me how things work" She groaned "And can you bring me a fan? I am ridiculously hot"

"You're only in a bra and underwear"

"Ben, who are you? caption obvious. I am hot. I am throwing up and I am lying on the bathroom floor. What do you expect me to be wearing? A ball gown"

"I'm just going to get you a fan" He nodded and walked out. When he walked back in Miranda was now in their bathtub with water running on her

"Umm" Ben looked at her "Still insist, you're fine," He asked

"Ben, it's just food poison. It needs to run its course"

"In all my years of practicing medicine. I'm not sure I've ever seen food poisoning make someone get in a tub of water in their underwear" He shook his head

She covered her mouth and pointed to the trash can. Ben handed it to her and she violently threw up.

"Okay I am concerned" He crossed his arms "We should go to the hospital"

"Ben, I swear if clothes touch me I am going to burst into flames"

"This is not normal. And I'm not going to stand by and let you suffer. I'm going to call someone" He took his phone out of his pocket "What if it's appendicitis"

"It's not" She groaned before throwing up in the trash can again

"Yeah, you can't even protest" He nodded "I'm calling Maggie just in case"

"Look at me" She sighed "Don't call"

"Well then what do you suggest"

"Let it run its course" She leaned against the wall

"You're throwing up, sitting in our tub, wearing nothing but a bra and panties, letting the water run. I am done letting this run its course" He called Maggie and waited for her to answer. Once she did Ben briefly explained the situation and let her know that they were heading to the hospital. She let him know she'd be waiting for them.