2

SKYLA'S POV

I couldn't stop thinking about what Gelo said, I knew he didn't really mean anything by it but when people say those kind of things to me I feel like it really means something. "You would like him" Would I like him though? I really needed to meet LaMelo.

The game started about 10 minutes ago but Mia and I went up to grab some food. We walked back down to the court and sat down next to my dad. The Hornets were playing the Houston Rockets and it was currently 22-23 us. 

The Rockets called a time out and our players were headed over to my dad. My dad stood up to help them out on the plays and thats when I saw him. 

I saw LaMelo.

He was super tall and had beautiful curls. He had a gorgeous smile that he showed when he said hi to my dad. He had muscles and a small mustache. I was staring at him for so long until he noticed me.

MELO'S POV

I had just got a 3 pointer which now has us ahead in the game. The Rockets called a timeout so I hurried in to my coach. His name was Coach Mike and he was really nice. But I heard my teammates talking about how his daughter was fine as hell. I'll have to see for myself.

I smiled at my coach and greeted him. He started talking about our plays and our defense. He was busy getting mad at Gelo for doing something wrong. To be honest i wasn't listening. I scanned my eyes around the stadium.

I can't believe I actually made it to the NBA. This has been my biggest dream and I made it on to the Charlotte Hornets. I looked around at the stands. 

So many people. Watching me play. 

Then that's when I saw her. She was sitting in the sidelines right next to where my coaches were sitting. She looks somewhat short. Has long curly hair. Dark brown skin. She's wearing a hornets hoodie and black shorts. I can't take my eyes off her. 

She's gorgeous.

She was sat next to another girl who looked the same age as her, in blue crocs, leggings, and a blue nike hoodie. But I wasn't even paying attention to her. I was staring at her friend. 

She must be the coaches daughter everyone was telling me about.

Skyla. That's what Gelo said her name was.

"You got that?" Coach Mike was looking at me.

It wasn't just Coach Mike looking at me, it was the whole team looking at me.

Shit. What did I miss.

"Uh yeah I got it." I replied.

"Okay now go out there and do that exact play." 

Shit 

"Yes coach got it." I said.

We were staring at each other. Skyla was staring at me and I was staring at her. The buzzer went off and we ran onto the court to go play. I just couldn't stop thinking about her.

SKYLA'S POV

"Oh my god" I accidentally said out loud.