Chapter 1: Silent cry

[A/N: Hi! It's me again. Back with another story. This time, we have Catnipz for the Catnipz nation. In this book, we're going to dig into a slow-paced, slice of life, dramatic and as well as wholesome story.

I'm a romantic person but at the same time a drown myself into drama. And it will show in this story. Trigger warning for those with weak hearts. It's not impossible that some of us are going through the same thing as our protagonist in this story. So with that, I hope you guys don't take it by heart. My heart ached for those that are really going through these type of hardships. You guys are loved.

Also, disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures used (or will be used) as an illustration in this story. It belongs to their rightful owners.

So without further ado, let's get onto the story. Enjoy!

•••••

Protagonist's Pov:

My mother told me that...

In this world..

There is no happiness..

Well sometimes there is but it doesn't last long..

In a place where there all of us differ from another..

A place where there there are those that are on top and those that are living below..

How I wonder what would it feel like to be on their place?

To not worry about tomorrow, to not worry what to eat and find a good place to stay in.

My mother.. she had that kind of thinking because of what life have inflicted on her. It was all pain and suffering.

My father, left us for another woman, and ever since then our life have never gotten any better. Maybe, at this point, my mother isn't the only pessimist here.

Because not long after.. my mother left me. Her body gave up, what my father did to her really took toll on her, she wasn't herself after that. And then she's gone too..

 And then she's gone too

Narrator's Pov:

A girl clad in tattered pants and shirt pulls on a cart with a struggle, rice grains laid on it is more than she usually carries.

Today is a special day, she wanted to work harder to earn more dime.

She struggles to pull the cart as she walks down the long gravel road, on each side  vast meadows. She walk through here almost her whole life and it already grew ln her. Despite the heat, she went on, trudging  nearer and nearer to her destination.

With sweat trickling down her tanned skin. It must've been because she haven't had anything before the went to work that the heat and tiredness is starting to get to her.