Chapter 7: Caught

[Disclaimer: I do not own any if the pictures used as an illustration in this book. They belong to their rightful owners. Thank you.]

Minji's Pov:

After my first walk to their house which is by the way, way more beautiful than it is from a distance, I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

Her brother agrees on me hanging around with them. I waited patiently—no, actually I was so excited for friday to come. And once it's there, I went out to the lake early and decided to go for a good catch. At least something to carry on my way to their house. I don't know, maybe something to offer since I'm probably eating lunch with them. Also bought, fresh apples that I picked myself few weeks ago.

Marching my way to the path that leads to their house, I wore a jumper, blue t-shirt underneath and my favorite boots. Made sure to make myself maybe a bit more presentable, not really confident how it will go since I haven't done this before.

Just a couple of meters away, I spotted Haerin sitting by the few steps of the stairs, feeding a bunch of birds that flew down next to her feet.

I stopped walking and just smiled, I just couldn't help it. Everything she does seems to capture me. Just what is this feeling?

No kidding, but I can watch her all day and never get tired of it. Every little movements that she does, I'm enthralled.

I shook my head a little to snap out of it, I think I should just approach her and stop acting like an idiot.

She may be verbally and aurally impaired but her eyes are attentive. She spotted me almost immediately. Gosh, she looks so cute looking at me like that. The birds all flew away to her disappointment.

She stood up and wipes her hands on the length of the ling skirt she's wearing and then met me halfway.

"Hi, I brought you guys this. It's not much but I—"

Haerin shook her head and offers me a gentle smile to which I smiled back. She gestures me to follow her in, I did.

But as we neared the door, I questioned,
"Where's your brother?"

Haerin pulls out her phone and types away,
"He's inside, he's cooking lunch."

'Figured.'

"Have you been waiting for me outside?" I chuckled a little when she just stayed 'silent' and just blushed. Seriously, how much more cuter can she get?

As we walked inside, as if on cue, Xiumin walks out from the kitchen asking through sign language,
"Haerin, is someone by the—" but he stopped midway and says with a smile,

"Oh, you're here. Well, sit down!" he's so friendly and I wasn't really expecting this kind of treatment.

If I may add, they're rich, they probably own something back in the city while me, I'm not just poor but I'm also orphaned.

An outcast in this small village, even.

And I kept wondering, why exactly are they this nice to me? It's not like I can offer them anything, I don't think I own something that is worthy for them to take.