Chapter 8: Blueberries, Song, and The Girl

[Disclaimer: I do not own any if the pictures used as an illustration in this book. They belong to their rightful owners. Thank you.]

Minji's Pov:

Now I'm free to tag along Haerin and likewise, we spend days and nights just being with each other.

This place wasn't so bad after all, so many good things..

Lots of things that I started to appreciate when she came. I took her to our little adventures, taught her about the place and its wonders. Actually I haven't really shown her all of it but still little by little and she seemed to be fine with it.

In fact, she's the type who'd be so eager to know, to learn. She listens well and her heart and soul is white as pearl. Ofcourse I did the same and listens to everything she have to say.

"The blueberries are quite a lot this time around. Maybe we should go and get some, you don't mind running along with me again right? What about your brother?" she gave me only a smile and shook her head.

"He did say you're stealing me from him for a while now." she made hand signs and I laughed.

That's right, in a short period of time, I somehow learnt to read and understand her language, still yet to perfect when it's me who's going to do it but at least I can understand her now. It's been 2 months now and all those time I kept asking her to teach me sign language. I wanted to know more about her.

Make her feel that she's not alone and that I, too, understands her. I'm pretty sure she's had a hard time back to where she came from although she haven't spoken to me about it.

And I want her to know, feel that in here no one can make her feel that way again, atleast as long an I'm with her.

We approached apple tree with bushes of blueberries scattered around it. We picked a couple before I climbed up the tree. She gave me a worried look like she always does whenever I do stuffs like this but in return I smile at her and held out my hand. She took it and I helped her up.

Once we're up, I made sure she's seated comfortably and will most like not fall because if she did her brother will kill me.

I sat back and leaned my back on the bark and sighs, I gestured her to come closer and she did. She scooted closer and I wrapped an arm over her shoulder.

This.

We used to do this everytime and I don't know when exactly it started. But this thing, have started to become a normal action between us two. Surely, it made my heart thump fast and my stomach in jitters the first time but all in a good way and I don't want it to stop.

Also, I started doing this for supposedly one sole reason. I wanted to be close to her, something about her makes me want to be close to her. I started singing as she laid her head on my shoulder, close to my neck.

I know the vibrations from my body makes it a lot more easier for her to hear me.

Narrator's Pov:

"Magnolia, she could have anyone in the world,
Floats around town in a golden gown
Born in a castle on a cloud." Minji's sultry yet soothing voice reaches Haerin's ears faintly but it was there, she hears it. She burrows her head closer to her neck as she felt her take another breath to continue.