Chapter 2: Helping hand

[Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures used as an illustration in this book. They belong to their rightful owners.]

•••••

Bolting up from her deep slumber in which she thought she'd never have after that strange encounter, Minji rubs her eyes groggily before sitting still.

There's just no way a ghost just showed up to her, never in her life that ever happened to her before.

She must be just seeing things, after all, she was tired and was already thinking things.

She hopped off her bed and get readied but then again she remembered, she doesn't have a job now. Mrs. Kwon just fired her, kicked her ass too.

How is she supposed to go on now? Shaking her head, she decided to go out
Maybe, just maybe she'd be lucky enough to find another job in this small village.

She thought it'd be better to stick to a job like her recent one, she doesn't know what else to do than to deliver goods, help build simple carpentry work, organize stuffs, and other works that doesn't have much complicated process and especially no credentials needed.

Well, scratch that, it's not like they'll be needing much credentials here. Most  people in this town didn't really finish studying. And those who did finished are either a community worker, a cop, or a doctor. But doctors here are not like the doctors you have in the city.

You see, Minji didn't finish her studies, more like wasn't given a chance too. Born in a poor community, also after loosing both her parents at a young age, as a single child, she had to stop studying and started working at an early age of 15.

And it wasn't very healthy for her, physically, mentally, and emotionally, not at all.

Walking up to like the last place that Minji thinks she could get to work at but only to get kicked out.
"Atleast let me work for a week to see if I work well then—"

"Get the fuck out!" she got shoved out the door, with a sigh walks away and crouches down. Running a hand over her long dark locks, she threw her gaze across her and that's when she saw a familiar figure.

She rubs her eyes and squints them. She's right there..

That girl.

Is she seeing a ghost in broad daylight?! Minji flinches when the trailed her eyes to her, meeting eyes with hers.

Minji got goosebumps, she visibly flinched.

Minji stood up quickly and walks away, she hit her head a little before looking back, the girl is still looking back right at her. Now her face morphed into what seems to be...worry?

Minji fastens her walking pace and went to the only pub, a small one and it was wooden mainly built from wood.

She went around and settled on one of the stools at the corner of the room, she didn't even get to drink eventhough she wanted too. Now, don't ask at what age she learned to drown herself into such drinks. Life was tough and according to what she heard from the others, beer drowns out pain and loneliness.

She swear she could use a glass right now but right at the moment, she's penniless as hell.

She just watches everybody hoping to pass time and maybe, just maybe someone would tell her, "Hey, you can work for me."

Just not some dirty work though, she would run through hills if that ever happens.

Some people have already asked of her to do dirty deeds but she declined every single one of them.