Chapter 3: Mistake

Another day have passed, still no work. And she's afraid that if it stays that way she'll starve to death. She tried and tried but none of them are in need for another worker, heck, they can barely even pay for their current ones.

Minji is starting to get an idea, a bad one, which she never thought before aside from taking her own life —yet again, stealing. But what more can she do?

She stole.

First time didn't end up well, but as it went on she got a hang of it. It won't on like that for weeks, and from goods, it succeeded into money and belongings that costs.

She would then sell them off to a merchant that buys almost anything he finds interesting, but Minji was being careful, careful not to let him know her identity she hid behind the hood of her worn out oversized hoodie.

Ofcourse the man knows but after all, all he sells and buys are illegal anyways. He watches Minji walk away with his cold piercing gaze, he continued chewing on his gum as he watches her rounds the corner.

Minji, soon she's far from the merchant she drops her hoodie down and counted the money she got for today.

At the first days, she felt remorseful, dhe still does now but, she had to, alright?

She's been trying to find a job to get clean money but the world is just being do hard on her.

As she turns to walk again, she then spotted a man, probably from the city. It wasn't everyday they'd get to see people from the city, and whenever she does see one, it amazes her.

The way they dresses, it's way clean and collected than her tattered shirt and pants. The man pulled his hat off and went inside the small underrated burger joint. Minji looks around before following him inside.

She settled on one of the seats behind the table that the man sat at. Her curious eyes continued studying the man.

How much does his suit costs, his hat? She muses to herself, she then saw her pull a wallet out and saw bulks of money and cards in it, slipping some out and hands to the waitress who she didn't notice that man is already talking to.

She looks around, scheming. She can't just let this one go right? If she happens to fo a good steal from this man she might be able to live off well from like a month or so.

She bows her head when the man turns to look around, he notices her and just in time she looks up, their gazes met and the man smiles at her, nodding a little.

She smiles back awkwardly and looks away. She felt bad, he seems nice but sll she's thinking right now is stealing from him.

His looks screams pure korean and from the looks of it he seems to be on his late 30's. His hair slicked back and his fringes cascading down his forehead neatly.

 His hair slicked back and his fringes cascading down his forehead neatly

Minji balled her hands under the table as she decides, she had to steal.

She looks up and saw him places his wallet on the table as he talks to his phone.