Chapter 4: Human(ity)

[Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures used in this story, it belongs to their rightful owners. And I apologize for any grammatical errors you might encounter as you read, this story is not proofread.]

Narrator's Pov:

She got up earlier the next morning, she doesn't know why but she suddenly felt her legs taking her to where she thinks she'll find the girl.

Maybe she'll be out there walking around the town like the last two times she's crossed paths with her.

But her heart clenches at the thought of her leaving, what if they're only here for the meantime? A vacation perhaps? Or some other reasons?

She didn't even get to apologize to her, she didn't mean to treat her that way.

Days have passed, then it turned into a week.

She's lost hope in ever seeing the girl again, and after that incident she never stole again.

It's like she was put to a realization, afraid that she might do the same thing again. She sat on a wooden worn bench as she watches an old lady walk with a young little boy.

Her eyes stared with guilt, she was silent for a week now, heck, she's been silent her whole life— she haven't been socializing much and she haven't been trying to find a job for a while now.

Great, now she's gonna die not just in hunger but also in guilt. She haven't bought anything with the money she stole that day.

She looks down at the small device in her hand. Eve  if she ever knows how to use this she won't be able to message anyone related to the girl anyways since it's battery is almost dying. She's been saving it up until now. Now, it's on it's last percent.

She stares at the girl's face on the lockscreen, she couldn't make it up that much since the girl is facing sideways but Minji knows exactly what she looks.

Then she remembered the face that the girl made that afternoon. Then the phone died.

She closes her eyes and sighed.

Minji spent her whole day sitting there under the small shed, watching people pass by.

She doesn't really have much at home and she was used to being outside, working her ass off for the sake of herself.

It was when the sun was close to dip into the horizon Minji figured shed thread back home and make a sandwich or something, atleast out of what her remaining ingredients could offer her.

As she walks down the sandy path along the lake she suddenly felt like staring for a moment. She went to the raft and stood there for a moment. She spaced out.

Thinking about her life all over again and how she wishes it didn't end up this way.

What would've it look like if her father didn't leave them? Then her mother wouldn't fell ill? Would they be a happy family?

She doesn't even have any siblings to talk to, hold onto, vent to in hard times such as this. But then again, life would've been harder if she have someone else to care for.

Because if she did have a sibling, it would be harder for her to take her own life. To just give up.

But now that she doesn't... this could be one of those good times to die right?

 this could be one of those good times to die right?