Chapter 5: Touched By An Angel

[Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures used as an illustration in this book, they belong to their rightful owners.]

•••••

Minji's Pov:

After my encounter with that girl, found out that her name is Haerin. Seriously, i have never smiled over hearing someone's name before. I've never have this..strange feeling of.. wanting to know them more before.

Sure there were other kids that have come my way and none if them really caught my attention.

Maybe.. you could also say that my treatment on her on our first encounter wasn't really good, not a good impression to start with and that be a good reason why I wanted to know her more, see her more.

To make it up to her, atleast.

No one deserves to be treated that way, and just because I'm struggling with my own life doesn't me I could be rude to others. Especially someone as pure and... cute as Haerin..

I furrowed my eyebrows upon thinking if the last few words I just mused. Shaking my head in disagreement, I don't like her. I just find her interesting, that's all.

She's the first one to ever try to show that she cared, others didn't even spare me a glance.

Well, that's what I thought.

It's already 9 in the morning, I've been up since as early as 5 in the morning, I couldn't really sleep much. But it's not a bad thing, I'm just too excited to see her again.

Will I be able to see her again?

My heart sank at the thought of not being able to see Haerin again.

What? We can't really put our hopes up just because someone said it. Because in some instances, we can say we'll do something but then fails to comply. And that's normal, we all experience that.

So I'm trying my best to be fine with the idea of not seeing Haerin again, if I do then that's great! But if I didn't then it's mostly likely that way.

Besides, who am I to demand to see her anytime I want? Just a reminder for myself, Haerin is definitely a girl from a rich family.

Hers and her brother's clothes says so. But really there's this small part in me that is hoping, that maybe, I'll see her again..

Narrator's Pov:

Minji did what her inner voice is telling her to do, she went out to the village centre and walked around, nit really sure what to do and where to go. Maybe she'll just caught a glimpse of that auburn haired girl again.

She tried her best not to look eager like a little pup, looking over her shoulders from time to time, darting her eyes around the place. She walked around, sat on the bench she used to sat on to pass time, just looking at people around her.

Surely, she did look like a lost little puppy but she couldn't care less, her mind was elsewhere. She kicked on the pebbles beneath her boots, she already ate before she went out and she's sure she'll be sble to get by this lunch until she finally meetd Haerin again.

Minutes have passed, turn to hours, the spark in her eyes soon grew weaker. She's now sitting with shoulders slacked. Is Haerin ever coming?

Or she already did and she didn't notice it? Where could she be at now?

It would've been better if she atleast know where to find her but thinking about it, it somehow kinds feel weird to be so eager to see someone you just met recently.