03. A disaster

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

      These past few days have been nothing but hell for poor little Avery. After her day off, she was put to work like an Amish horse. She had gone to school the day after her day off, taken Jeremy to see Vickie at the hospital while not even knowing he had seen her early in the morning, and went to work. She had been given grueling assignments to finish at the end of the day, but she could not finish those assignments because work did not let her off until 1 a.m.

      The very next day, she was called to speak to each of her professors, scolded for not finishing the assignments given, and given even more work than they expected to be done by the end of the day. Once more, she was put to work and not let out until midnight, all because of the festival happening in town.

      This gave her a headache as it was already the very next day, and the assignments were locked. She knew her professors would kill her or give her even more work, and they did.

      Once she entered her classes for the day, her professors gave her these icy glares that meant she was in trouble. Avery sighed and went to her seat to take notes of each lecture. After each class, she was held back for another scolding and extra work to finish.

      By the end of the last class, Avery was mentally drained and cursing out her professors under her breath. She entered her car, only to bash her head into the steering wheel several times.

      "If these professors major in psychology, why are they such assholes?!" Avery shouted to herself.

      Avery snapped to see a couple staring at her outside the car. "What the fuck are you staring at?!"

      Avery yelled, lowering her head to start her car, swerve out of the parking lot, and head off straight to work. "GOD! I hate that school! I hate this job! I hate this town! I HATE ME! Fucking SHITTY!"

      Avery spent her time getting to work, ranting to herself about how shitty everything was and how much she hated it. Getting to work, she immediately had to get to work, almost not having any chance to change and get her things put up. When she arrived, she was given a table and needed to take care of them immediately.

      For the time before the high school kids came in, Avery dealt with quite a few NICE customers. She was given excellent tips, and everyone was super friendly to her.

      Once the teenagers started to come in, their obnoxious parents came with them. She had to deal with teens trying to convince her to give them alcohol and their parents joining in. As a manager, she was obliged NOT to give anyone that young any alcoholic drinks and had to explain the rules of the Mystic Grill establishment to both the teenagers and their parents.

      Avery noticed that her sister and the girls didn't show up and checked her phone for any indication of why they were not at their usual spot. She only noticed a text from Elena saying that she had cheerleading practice and wouldn't see Avery until she got home. That is if she got to go home for the night.