06. Days Pass

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

      "So, Avery, tell me more about what has happened recently with your family."

      Elijah and Avery sit in front of each other in the reading area, Klaus nowhere to be seen. Avery found it to be expected for the two men sometimes not to go to sleep with what they do in the living world. Avery was slowly getting used to it, but sometimes, she talked to herself occasionally.

      "Uhhh, not much I have seen. The last time I checked on them, Damon changed someone named Vickie Donavon, and Stefan had to deal with it. Mmmmmm, a Halloween party happened recently, and Vickie attacked my siblings, so now she is dead. I haven't checked on them since. I've been getting used to this place more for my sanity." Avery explained.

      "I see... not very exciting." Elijah hummed, leaning back with a sigh.

      "Sorry...Uh, what about you though? What's your story?" Avery smiled hesitantly.

      "Avery...I've already warned you that if I were to explain, you would not like it. I prefer it if you like me." Elijah smiled.

      "Please...I want to know your story. Klaus won't look at me nowadays. You are the only one who talks to me."

      "Alright, what would you like to know?"

      "Klaus mentioned a sister. Tell me about her."

      "Ah, Rebekah. Our stubborn, naive little sister. I love her dearly, but that girl will be the death of me and my brother. She has a temper worse than Klaus and a naive heart. Every boy or man she has met has fallen in love with her, and she fell in love with their love. Any male that has given her attention, she fell for them tenfold. Klaus did not like that, and every man Rebekah would love, he would kill. The only exception was Stefan, whom Klaus liked because of what he did."

      "She sounds...scary. But you care for her."

      "I do. And now she is at the bottom of the sea just like the rest of my family."

      "The rest of your family? What happened?"

      "Klaus. He tends to be paranoid that our father will come and kill them just because he cares for them. So he kept them away from him to keep them safe, but they are my family too..."

      "Your father?"

      "His name was Mikael. He was the leader of our village those thousand years ago. He never liked Klaus that much growing up. When our younger brother, Henrik, died, our mother turned us into vampires along with Mikael to protect us from ever having to die. After we became vampires, Mikael came to despise Klaus even more to force our mother to curse him."

      "Why would he do that?"

      Elijah let out a sigh, lowering his head unwillingly. "If your soul is tied to my brother and I's, I guess it would be best to let you know... Our mother was not completely faithful to our father. Our village was close to another, but we had to hide every full moon because of that other village. Werewolves are real; that village was a home for a pack of werewolves. Our mother spent time with one of those werewolves, and...then Klaus was born. Werewolves only turn when they kill someone, and when Klaus had his first kill, it was on a full moon night when he turned. Our father was tempted to kill Klaus, but my mother convinced him that there was another way, and soon, the curse was put on him."