07. Sheila

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

"What the hell did he just say?"

Avery furrowed her brows at Damon as he said something about fire. Even while she stood right next to him, she couldn't understand him. Somehow, Stefan could, though.

"I'm gonna go get the gasoline; I'll be right back," Stefan informed Elena before leaving while Elena shined her light into the tomb.

"I hate being dead; no one answers my questions," Avery grumbled to herself, pouting dramatically.

Avery watched as Damon stared down Bonnie and Sheila incredulously before glancing at Elena. "You ready?" Damon asked.

"What?" Elena looked at Damon in confusion.

"I'm not gonna go in there by myself so you could see me in," Damon grabbed Elena and harshly dragged her to his side.

"Don't take her in," Sheila warned. "I'll bring the walls down."

"You'll bring the walls down if I don't. You think I trust you?" Damon smirked.

"As much as I trust you." Sheila snapped back.

"Enough." Elena stopped their bickering by being the common mediator between the two witches and the vampires. "Both of you. Look, he needs leverage. He must know you won't shut the door once he gets inside. I get it."

Avery stared at her little sister as if she were crazy, while Elena glared at Damon. "I'll go."

"Oh, hell no. Grammy, tell her she's being stupid. Please! If you're a witch, you must be able to sense me or hear me somehow. TELL HER SHE'S BEING DUMB!" Avery moved to stand in front of Sheila, but deep down, she knew the older witch couldn't see her nor hear her.

Damon smirked as he leaned down to take one of the torches the witches had. "May I?"

Avery groaned as Damon entered the tomb. Elena gave Bonnie and Sheila a reassuring nod before following right after the vampire. "Oh my god! Elena? So stupid."

Avery moved to follow after her sister and Damon, but it felt like her body or soul was being tugged away from the tomb. Avery frowned and looked at the witches in confusion, finding it odd that she saw Sheila staring right in her direction.

"Can you see me?" Avery whispered, stepping closer to Sheila, but the older Bennett made no hint of seeing her or hearing. Maybe she could feel it, though.

Avery slowly reached to touch Sheila and watched as the older witch only flinched slightly as Avery passed through her. "Oh my god... no way..."

Avery wanted to test more out but got distracted by sounds from the tomb and worried for Elena. She tried to look in the best she could now that she was blocked from entering, hoping to find her little sister returning with no scratch on her body. Suddenly, a young girl came down the stairs, bringing everyone's attention to her.

Living Death (TVD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara