09. Stone

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

Quick Author's note:

I want to apologize to my lovely readers if you are still there. I have recently been under the stress of college and as well as being under the dangerous writer's block disease. Not an actual disease but you get the joke. I hope you lovelies like this chapter, it's been on my mind for a while now. Enjoy!

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

      Avery has been stuck, just watching. For what felt like centuries it was only days to weeks. Elijah didn't go to sleep much, so she didn't have anyone to talk to about everything. Now that he knew who her family was she felt she could reveal those secrets she had to keep bottled up. Klaus tended to appear now and then but he didn't talk, all he did was read the books in the living area.

      All Avery got to do was make herself food and watch in silence and boredom while her siblings dealt with all kinds of supernatural drama. At this moment Avery was skulking in the living room of the Gilbert cabin while Elena and Stefan had their fun. She was used to it and also disgusted.

      "They're always doing this. Teenagers. So gross." Avery grumbled to herself, reading a book from one of the nearby shelves.

      Avery learned that she could pick up things but they always disappear with her and never return. It's odd how some things can be useful for herself but never for others.

      After the single day of being with the two lovebirds, while watching them. Finding out about the Gilbert family history and that Elijah's death was being planned...she was not liking this vacation any longer. She had no way of warning the original vampire she was tied to but she imagined that if he was daggered...her soul was in danger.

      Avery followed Elena outside, watching over her like she always did. She reached out to attempt to move Elena's hair off her face but it never worked... She tried to wipe away any tears but all she got was nothing but phasing through Elena's face. She sighed in some type of pain, leaning back to sit on the porch railing. It only took a few moments until Avery felt a stabbing pain in her chest and choked on her saliva, slipping forward off the railings.

      Avery clutched to her chest as she choked for air until it all just disappeared. Avery sat up immediately, looking over to see Elena and Stefan having a moment. Avery took deep, heavy breaths as she tried to comprehend what happened.

      "I'm dead. I'm not supposed to feel pain." Avery whispered to herself.

      Avery grabbed the railing and used it to bring herself off the ground and stumbled into the cabin after Elena and Stefan. She took a seat beside Elena and rubbed at her chest in confusion, barely listening to the only two living beings close by. That is until Stefan and Elena got up in fear and headed for the front of the house.