05. Being There

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

"I'm dead..."

Avery sat before Elijah and Niklaus, who she soon learned preferred being called Klaus. Yet Elijah still calls him Niklaus for some unknown reason.

"Yes, and I'm the tooth fairy," Klaus smirked, eyeing Avery teasingly.

"No, I mean that I am dead. Like, dead in the real world. Never coming back to life." Avery groaned, rubbing her face.

She has been taking the rest of the "day" to take in the fact that she literally just had a funeral in the real world. Her family is mourning for her, and she can do nothing to tell them that she is okay. She is alone, with no one to talk to, until Klaus and Elijah fall asleep. She only figured out that for her to speak to them was when it was nighttime and just about everyone in the world slept during nighttime.

"What do you mean, Avery?" Elijah leaned forward, resting his hand on Avery's.

"I am dead! I-I don't know how I died, but I did. My entire family is mourning me RIGHT NOW! I-I just had my funeral." Avery revealed, finding herself to let out a dry sob.

Elijah and Klaus glanced at each other in uncertainty, glancing at Avery before standing up and bringing the sobbing girl into their arms. They waited silently until Avery calmed down enough to move into the living area of their mysterious meeting place.

"If it makes you feel any better, my witches figured out what we are doing here." Klaus hummed, sitting on one of the chairs in the living area while Elijah and Avery took the couch.

"Really?" Avery whispered, sniffling softly.

"Yes. It turns out that your soul has been tied to both my dear brothers' and mine. We don't know how, but somehow, you've had a spell put on you and broken for some reason." Klaus revealed.

"Could it be that your death broke the spell?" Elijah looked to Avery for a possible answer.

"I-I don't know. Maybe?" Avery shrugged.

"My witches say that a soul tie can only be made through nature's law. The two tied together are known to be the strongest pairs ever to live. No one dares to harm someone with a soul tie unless they have a debt they must pay." Klaus sighed, lounging back on his chair.

"So...my soul is tied to yours?" Avery pointed at Klaus before Elijah, "And yours. What does that mean for me though? I'm dead."

"No one has ever been tied to a human being, and all soul ties are made halfway through another's lifespan. Every soul tie is involved with both being supernatural and no humans involved. A death is rare in a soul tie, so my witches have nothing on that." Klaus shrugged.

"So, I'm stuck like this? I can only see my family as a ghost in this mysterious place. I-I, no. I still have things I wanted to do in life...this can't be happening." Avery groaned.

Living Death (TVD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara