Chapter 6: Morning Revelations

****

The golden rays of Saturday morning illuminated Nat's apartment as he prepared to meet his friends Yim and James for their usual breakfast outing. Amidst the familiar routine of getting ready, Nat's phone buzzed, a message from an unknown number catching his attention. Anticipation bubbled within him as he eagerly opened the message.

*Unknown: "Good morning :)"*

A smile spread across Nat's face. It was from Max for sure. The unexpected connection from the previous night now continued into the morning, casting a warm glow over Nat's day.

*Nat: "Good morning."*

*Max: " aren't you going to ask who I am?"*

*Nat: "Do I need to? Max."

Their conversation unfolded effortlessly, each message a delightful exchange that added a playful energy to the morning.

*Max: "Hope your day is as bright as your smile last night."*

*Nat: "Flattery will get you everywhere, Max. Breakfast with friends now. later"*

*Max: "Okay. Enjoy your morning, Nat."*

As Nat joined Yim and James for breakfast, the messages lingered in his mind, adding a touch of warmth to the already sunny day. The routine of their breakfast outing was punctuated by Yim's curiosity about Nat's new role as a waiter.

"So, how's being a waiter so far?"

Nat, the storyteller in him awakened, launched into a detailed account of his experiences. However, James, the pragmatic one, interrupted.

"Can we just enjoy our breakfast without work talk, Nat?"

Nat, realizing his tangent, laughed it off. Yet, Yim couldn't resist teasing.

"James just doesn't want our conversation to revolve around his hot workmate."

James, a hint of annoyance on his face, retorted, "Stop it."

Nat, joining in the playful banter, added, "Yeah, he probably has many photos of his tall, dark, and handsome workmate."

James, with an annoyed expression, attempted to redirect the conversation.

"What's his name again?" Nat ask.

Yim, the keeper of the details, chimed in, "Net."

The teasing continued, prompting Nat to take a leisurely sip of his coffee.

"When am I gonna take some inspiration from you for my novel if you never tell me anything about you and Net?" Nat playfully asked James.

James, with a hint of mischief, responded, "You need to pay me if you want some of my life experiences in your novel, Nat. How about you find someone and write about your own experiences?"

Nat, with a mischievous smile, replied, "I'm working on it."

Yim and James exchanged surprised glances.

"Who?"

The question hung in the air, prompting Nat to share a knowing smile as he left his friends in suspense. The morning sunlight cast a warm glow on their lively conversation, creating a canvas for friendships, newfound connections, and the promise of stories yet to unfold.