Chapter 15: A New Beginnings

Max sat in his office, his mind a whirlwind of confusion and doubt. The image of Nat running alongside another man haunted him, casting a shadow over their budding connection. Was their time together merely fodder for Nat's novel, or did it hold genuine meaning?

Lost in his thoughts, Max was jolted from his reverie as the office door swung open. His heart skipped a beat as Nat stepped inside, his presence filling the room with an electrifying tension. Max fought to maintain his composure, his gaze flickering over Nat's features, unable to suppress his admiration for the man before him.

Nat's voice broke through the silence, tinged with nervousness. "Why are you keep ignoring me?"

Before Max could respond, Grace interjected apologetically, "Sir, I'm sorry I can't stop Nat."

Max waved her off, his attention fully focused on Nat. "It's okay, you can leave. Close the door."

As Grace exited the office, leaving them alone, Max's demeanor remained guarded. "So why are you here?" he asked tersely, his emotions veiled beneath a façade of indifference.

Nat shifted uncomfortably, his gaze darting nervously around the room. "I just wanted to say sorry," he began, his voice trembling with emotion.

Max arched an eyebrow, skepticism lacing his tone. "For what?"

Nat swallowed hard, steeling himself for what was to come. "For everything. I know you might feel confused, but..." His words faltered, tears glistening in his eyes as he struggled to articulate his feelings.

Max watched him intently, his heart aching at the sight of Nat's vulnerability. "Are you really apologizing, or are you just trying to justify yourself?" he questioned, his voice tinged with bitterness.

Nat shook his head, desperation etched across his features. "No, I just wanted you to know how I feel," he insisted, tears cascading down his cheeks. "I didn't lie to you. Yes, I used some of our time together for my novel, but that doesn't mean what I feel for you is a lie."

Max's resolve wavered as he listened to Nat's heartfelt confession. His defenses crumbled in the face of Nat's raw emotion, his own heartache mirroring the pain reflected in Nat's tearful gaze. This is all he wants, to know that what they have is real.

Before Max could respond, Nat's words hung heavy in the air, a silent plea for understanding and acceptance. Max struggled to find the right words, his mind racing with a whirlwind of conflicting emotions.

Finally, he took a deep breath, his voice softening with sincerity. "So, who's the guy you were running with?" he inquired, his tone gentle yet probing.

Nat's expression softened, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips through his tears. "It's my friend, Yim," he explained, a hint of relief evident in his voice. "The owner of the resto was trying to harass him."

Max's brow furrowed in concern. "Tutor?" he repeated, his mind racing to recall any interactions with the man.

Nat nodded, a flicker of annoyance crossing his features. "You know that asshole?" he asked incredulously.

Max shook his head. "Not really," he admitted, his thoughts consumed by the realization of Nat's plight.

Leaning forward, Max locked eyes with Nat, his heart laid bare in his gaze. "So, you like me? Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?" he questioned, a hopeful smile playing at his lips.

Nat's eyes widened in surprise, his breath catching in his throat at Max's confession. He felt a surge of warmth wash over him, the weight of uncertainty lifting from his shoulders. Gathering his courage, he met Max's gaze with unwavering determination.

"Yes," he whispered, his voice trembling with emotion. "Yes, I like you. And yes, I want you to be my boyfriend."

With those words, a sense of clarity washed over Max, his heart soaring with newfound hope. Closing the distance between them, he wrapped Nat in a tight embrace, his arms offering solace and reassurance.

Max held Nat close, the warmth of their embrace a comforting anchor amidst the storm of uncertainty. In that moment, the world outside faded away, leaving only the two of them wrapped in each other's arms.

Nat's heart swelled with a mixture of relief and joy as he nestled against Max's chest, his fears and doubts dissipating in the presence of their shared intimacy. He breathed in the familiar scent of Max, his mind finally at ease as they embraced the truth of their feelings for each other.

Max pressed a tender kiss to Nat's forehead, his lips lingering against the soft skin as he whispered words of reassurance. "I like you too, Nat," he murmured, his voice filled with sincerity. "And I want nothing more than to be your boyfriend."

With those words, a wave of relief washed over Nat, his heart soaring with newfound happiness. He gazed up at Max, his eyes shining with unspoken gratitude and love.

Their embrace lingered, a silent promise of the journey that lay ahead. In that moment, Nat knew that no matter what challenges they may face, they would navigate them together, bound by the unbreakable bond they shared.

As they stood intertwined, the weight of uncertainty lifted from their shoulders, replaced by the certainty of their love for each other. With a renewed sense of purpose, they stepped forward into the unknown, ready to embrace the future together.

As Max leaned in for a kiss, Nat gently placed a hand on his chest, halting his advance. "Can we just take it slow?" Nat murmured softly, his voice tinged with a hint of uncertainty. "I feel like everything is happening so fast. Right now, I just want to feel your warm hug."

Max's lips curved into a tender smile at Nat's words, his eyes reflecting understanding and affection. Without a word, he wrapped Nat in a warm embrace, holding him close as they stood in the quiet intimacy of the moment.

Feeling the comforting press of Max's arms around him, Nat's tense muscles gradually relaxed, the weight of his worries melting away in the safety of their embrace. With each beat of his heart, he felt the undeniable pull of their connection, a gentle reassurance in the midst of uncertainty.

In a silent exchange of understanding, Max lowered his head and pressed a gentle kiss to Nat's forehead, his lips lingering in a tender caress. Nat's breath caught in his throat at the tender gesture, a rush of warmth flooding his senses as he leaned into the kiss, his heart swelling with affection.

Their lips met in a soft, sweet union, a testament to the depth of their feelings for each other. In that moment, time seemed to stand still as they lost themselves in the warmth of their shared embrace, their love transcending words in the quiet intimacy of the night.

As they pulled away, their gazes met in a silent acknowledgment of the bond that had formed between them. With a soft chuckle, Max pressed another lingering kiss to Nat's lips, savoring the sweetness of the moment as Nat responded in kind, their hearts beating as one in the promise of their newfound love.