Chapter 3-The Big Boom

Elsewhere in the Egg Fortress, I furious Eggman storms into the laboratory and takes a seat.

"Just when it seems like I'm finally free of that accursed hedgehog, his little SIDEKICK decides to step up and take his place." " I just can't win." A mini droid hovers over Eggman to deliver him a small glass of martini.You wouldn't happen to have an extra glass of those, do you, Doctor?

A young attractive blue eyed brunette enters the lab, sporting glasses and a lab coat. She appears to be in her early 20s. "Dr.Rose." The delighted Eggman says as he turns around. "Come in, I have plenty." The droid hovers over to the beautiful doctor, delivering her a full glass of martini." After taking a big sip, Eggman gets down to the brass tacks. "So, how's business going with Wesker?" Rose scoffs at the very name of Albert Wesker. "DECENT...but lately I've been growing weary of Umbrella's resources when they could be making so much better than just bio-weaponry."

Eggman raises a brow. "Such as...?" "Well for starters, I don't think it's very good for business if 99.8% of his resources are made from ancient viruses." "If they want to make the perfect super soldiers, they should try making them less horrific-looking." "From what I've seen, Zombies make the worst soldiers." Eggman sees her point, but... "That's fair, but so long as they get the job done, I couldn't care less about looks.

"We can discuss more of it another time, but for now, I have a new mission for you." Eggman stands up and shows Rose archived footage from his battle with Naruto from earlier. "Tell me, are you familiar with this boy?" "He showed up out of nowhere when I was in the middle of pursuing Tails and doesn't look to be from this world." Dr.Rose walks up a little closer and presses the zoom in button for a better look. "Well his colors certainly ring a few bells, but no, not from any world I've visited." "Not yet, anyway." "Then I want you to find out what you can about him before you depart to Nibelheim." "He could be a potential threat to the empire." "As you wish." Rose says sincerely. "Good, I wish we could've collaborated much sooner." Eggman gets up and takes his leave. "Now excuse me while I take my pain pills, the kids got explosive power as well.

After Eggman exits the room, Dr.Rose's sunny smile drops to a disappointed frown, she even lets out a huff.

*ZAP*

Dr.Rose zaps the martini droid with a pink ray of light from her fingertips, turning it into a small bag of candy. She then slumps down on Eggman's floating chair, slowly spinning it back and forth while munching down on her candy.

 She then slumps down on Eggman's floating chair, slowly spinning it back and forth while munching down on her candy

"Yet another old fool who doesn't know what he's doing and underestimates me." "Oh how I'll relish my golden opportunity when the day comes...The now unloyal scheming Dr.Rose turns her attention to the paused image of Naruto. "As for you, you're no threat to me......not the least bit." Rose gives Naruto another glance, admiring the look of strength and willpower in his eyes. 

"HOWEVER, I might have some delicious use for you and Miles later. Dr.Rose grins as her eyes slowly begin to glow red.

*ACHOO*

Later, we check back to Naruto, as he wipes his nose. He seems to be doing a lot better than he was earlier. "Thanks for the food, Tails, I was starving." "No problem, I owe you a lot for saving back there." While Tails is putting the dishes away, Naruto looks around, amused by all the technology and picks up a picture of Tails and Sonic.

"You're not from around here, are you?" Tails asks. "Heh, what gave me away?" Naruto responds with a small chuckle.

"I've literally been around the world and I've never seen anyone look or dress like you before, so I strongly assume you must be from another world." "Another world?" "You mean this isn't earth?" Tails can see the look of confusion and concern written all over Naruto's face. "Oh...You might want to take a seat, it's going to be a long story." After Naruto takes a seat on the couch, Tails starts off with a simple question... "SO, what do you know about multiverse theory?"

"Uh...next to nothing, to be honest." The nonchalant Naruto says. Tails scoffs and gives Naruto a wry smile. "Yep, like I said, long story...but I'll try to keep it simple.

To make his explanation even more simple, Tails pulls out a pointer stick and dry erase board, then begins to draw a dozen sphere shapes made to look like earth. "OK so this is MY world and this is YOUR world." "Merge them together and they make a nightmarish Venn diagram." "Merge even more of those worlds together, and it becomes a huge pile of...of-" Naruto casually assists with the analogy by saying... "Dog shit?" "Um...yeah, let's go with that; dog poo."

So about 3 months ago, a tear in my universe began to rip open, causing a sort of effect where other worlds started to merge with each other one by one.

"That really IS a nightmare..." Tails agrees. "Yeah, and that's not even the worst- "The worlds are turning into huge piles shit." "It must smell so bad that we can't even smell it. "HUH?" Not knowing who he's dealing with, Tails clearly didn't keep it simple enough. "But is there any way to fix it?" "How do I get back home?" Thinking he'd have to take it from the top, Tails' eyes widened. "Oh, so he DOES understand...just in his own unique way, great." Tails thought.

Well that's the tricky part, but it can be done.