Chapter 16-Enter Shang Tsung

Elsewhere, we are introduced to a completely different area that looks like it's from the ancient days of China, but we shall call this place "Outworld".

Inside one of the Temples, lies the lair of Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat. The lair looks fancy yet cryptic at the same time, but it's what you would expect from a thousand year old sorcerer I suppose.

Shang Tsung in his old form is seated on his throne, having what appears to be a heated conversation with Kano.

"I warned you to stay away from Quill!"

Never mind, it is a heated one.

"We've spent over TWO MONTHS tracking him down and your impetuous clan costs us not only an advantage against Argo, but a potential ally as well!"

Kano defends himself against Tsung, stating-

"Hey, don't blame me for not waitin' forever to catch a fish before it swims off."

"We actually had Quill until some random toons showed up and saved him."

Suddenly Shang Tsung levitates Kano up in the air with a literal hand of fire.

"I am aware...but the fact still remains you acted on your own without reporting to me first."

So says Shang Tsung, who slowly starts crushing Kano, making him yell out in pain.

"But be honest; the only reason you did that was just so you could receive the reward."

Shang Tsung contemplates killing Kano, but unfortunately, it's of his best interest to leave the cyborg scumbag alive. Sure, he can easily replace him, but it's too much of a hassle and Kano has vast connections the sorcerer will need. So finally making his decision, he-

SLAM!

Slams the fiery hand down to the ground, leaving Kano nearly unconscious.

"Ever the typical greedy mortal; I gave you many things, but it will never be enough.

Natsu soon enters the room all casual like and spots Spryo near one of the pillars laying down.

The Salamander is wearing some cool new duds. No longer wearing the biker getup and now wears a black shirt,blue baggy pants with yellow dragon design and is sporting black and yellow sneakers.

 No longer wearing the biker getup and now wears a black shirt,blue baggy pants with yellow dragon design and is sporting black and yellow sneakers

"YO!" Natsu shouts, as Spyro looks up and surprisingly makes a smile.

"What's going on with the old man?" Natsu asked.

"We messed up big time; apparently, Kano went against Shang Tsung's orders."

So Spyro is still capable of speech, good to know.