Chapter 9-First Impressions

Upon their arrival to town, the race between the knucklehead ninja and the street fighting fan-girl comes to a close. Naruto is victorious, with a rather Sakura catching up soon after.

"That's some inhuman speed you got." Says Sakura while panting. Her bitterness soon turns into admiration, impressed to meet someone who may very well be faster than her Sensei.

You weren't too bad either, ya' run a little funny though. Said Naruto. "Look who's talking, Roadrunner." Sakura thought with a wry smile. Naruto takes a good look at his surroundings; which doesn't seem at all like Sakura described it. In fact, it seems quite peaceful.

Now left completely puzzled, Naruto asks- "I thought you said this place was overrun by bandits?" "Not completely, it's not like they come here everyday." "This town's mainly where tourists come and go, so don't let the lively scenery fool you." Sakura then gives a look of empathy, feeling bad for those who are unaware of the dangers that befouls this place.

Naruto shares this empathy as well, slowly grasping that despite being in a different world, it's awfully similar to his in terms of crime and corruption. Sakura smirks, saying- "Makes you wanna do something about it, huh?" "Hm?" "Oh, yeah...bad time for them to not be around." "Well we don't know that YET, so let's hope they come our way later."

Sakura said confidently.

A mildly unhappy Tails finally pulls up near the two by the sidewalk.

"My GPS says the repair shop's a few blocks down from here." "Any food spots?" Asked Naruto.

"Quite a few.' Tails responds. "Great, I'll stop by to get lunch first and regroup with you there." "Same here!" Sakura seconds. Perfectly fine with the plan, Tails slowly begins to pull off. "OK, it might take awhile, so don't rush yourself." After pulling off, Naruto can't help but wonder... "What's up with him?" Sakura shrugs in response, giving Naruto the "I don't know sound."

Elsewhere, back at the black dragon clan's hideout, Kano enters his office, only to find a ninja dressed in black with silver hair seated on his chair with his feet propped on the desk. "Well if it isn't Shang Tsung's new errand boy!"

"Heh, all the same, you ninjas are; don't know when to use the front door." The nonchalant Kano says as he walks over to his desk with and pours himself two cups of scotch. "SO, where's the old man?" "Handling business." The ninja replied and went on to say- "And speaking of front doors, I didn't see the emperor's son when I came in from the back.

"He'll be here." Kano assures him. "You so happen to arrive when I sent my men out to collect the bloke." Ya' don't mind waitin' for a measly bit, do ya'? "Not at all..."

"Besides; I'm also here for damage control, should you screw this up." The ninja says smugly, getting somewhat of a negative reaction from Kano. Well...no wucka's then; I have just the right men for the job.

Meanwhile, Tails pulls up to a futuristic but rundown repair shop named "Quill's Repair Shop". As he pulls into the driveway that's actually a garage, Tails steps out and notices a lot of old school items inside. From posters to cassette tapes, to very old 80's retro toys. "Hello?" Upon looking around, Tails begins to hear music playing in the background and follows the noise until he goes into the next room to find the backside of a man around his late 20's to early 30's dancing to James Brown's "I Feel Good" song. The man puts a rather funny, but lovely display of dance moves. His footwork is done so well it's as though he was dancing on a slippery floor.

"So good!"

*BUMP-BUMP!*

"SO GOOD!"

*BUMP-BUMP!*

After doing an...OK Moonwalk, the man with dance fever does a spin and finally meets eyes with Tails, stopping mid verse for second, then the man asks the fox while singing-

"Can I help YOU!?"

*BUMP-BUMP-BUMP!*

"Um...Yes, please." The shy fox says with a wry smile.

"YEAH!" Says the man who does a split, BUT unfortunately, he doesn't land right, letting out a high pitch "OH!" in a sing-song voice...Talk about commitment.