kurt cobain - shy boy

1983, y/n is in chemistry class when she notices a quiet boy that sits next to her. For the rest of the year, she tries to get him to notice her, till finally, towards the end of the year, she has enough.
Y/n - your name
Y/f/n - ur first name
Y/l/n - ur last name
Y/e/c - ur eye color
Enjoy :p

September 18th, 1983

My family had just moved from cali to aberdeen, washington. I was not happy about this cuz I had to leave all my friends from my old school since none of them had any form of keeping contact besides sending letters. Whatever.

So, since we moved, that means my brother and I had to start at new schools. He was in his last year of middle school though, whereas I was in my junior year of highschool. God am I glad to be almost done. I hate school, no way in hell am I going to college after graduating.

I got onto my bus, number 24, and sat in the first seat. I don't mind sitting in the front, the back is where all the druggies are anyway. At least, that's how it was at my old school.

I grabbed my schedule out of my backpack and glanced over it again.

Chemistry first period, calculus second, French third, ap English fourth- oh goodie, lunch after that, and finally ap history. I thought to myself. I don't even know how I managed to get into the smarter classes, I just did my work during sophomore year and never raised my hand. But, I guess it looks good for when I get a job.

I rested my head against the window and waited to get to school.

Time skip to when y/n gets to school 😡

I grabbed my backpack and rushed off the bus. I already had a massive headache because the kids on the bus were as loud as a fucking airplane. I held my schedule in my hand and looked for the chemistry room number.

201, alright. That's over here then. I took a left down a hallway and saw 201 on my left. I entered the classroom and walked up to the teachers desk.

"Uhm, hello." I smiled slightly at him.

"Hello, what's your name?" He looked up from his book and smiled at me.

"Y/f/n Y/l/n." I replied and clutched my backpack tighter. I was nervous.

"Ah! The new girl. I heard you like science from your old school, huh?" He looked back up from his attendance paper and crossed his arms.

"Uh, sure."

No the fuck I do not, what?

"Great, well you'll probably hate it after you take this class." He said as he smiled smugly at me.

Doesn't that just mean you're bad at teaching?

A kid walked behind me and hit my backpack. I glared back at him. He looked scrawny, being a little short with raggedy blonde hair and lost blue eyes.

"Sorry." Was all he said before sitting down all the way in the back.

"Your seat is in the back by the blonde haired guy, Kurt." He said something else but I wasn't paying attention. That Kurt guy looked so frightened of something.

"You got that?" The teacher pulled my attention from Kurt to him.

"Huh? Yeah sure." I merely nodded and walked back to my seat next to the blonde kid.

I sat down, putting my backpack next to me. I glanced over at Kurt. He was drawing something on the desk.

"Hi." I tried to strike up a conversation, but all he did was look at me. His eyes, they looked so sad and scared at the same time, but he looked normal. Like, he didn't look frightened, but there was a story in his eyes that I wanted to read.