Chapter 5

Disclaimer: Only Scarlet is of my own creation.
I apologize for any errors.

When we entered Sky High, Gwen started to lead us down the hallways and began to give us a bit of a backstory on the school. I tried paying attention to what she had to say but it wasn't a subject I was instead in so I automatically began to tune her out.

Instead, I couldn't seem to keep my eyes off of this new environment. Friends greeted one another with hugs and big smiles - having been separated from one another for months. Banners with bright colors were placed around the hallways. Overall, high school had a comforting vibe to it.

With a few more twist and turns, Gwen finally stopped talking as we paused in front of three pair of closed doors. She turned around to look at us, her brown hair doing an over exaggerated flip. With a wide smile she said, "Behind these doors is where your orientation will take place. Normally it's used as the school's gym but today it will be used as freshman orientation.This is also where I will leave you all - I have a class I need to be getting to. So with that being said, I wish you the best of luck on your first day of Sky High."

Just as she was about to walk off she turned back to us and with a soft laugh said, "I almost forgot to give you your name tags!" From underneath her arm she pulled out a couple sheets of stickers with our names on them and handed them to me. "Find your name and starting passing them around when you're done." I didn't look up but nodded at her request. It took us a couple of minutes for all of us to find our names.

"Good." Gwen smiled. She looked at her watched her eyebrows began to rise slowly. "Oh, I really need to get going now!"

People around me started to thank Gwen as she began to leave. She gave us another smile and waved us goodbye.

After that it was silent, and all of us were staring at the doors in front of us. Nobody was quite sure what to do next, nobody seemed ready for orientation. I myself was satisfied with just staying out here.

With a puff of air, Will murmured, "Let's get this over with."

Curse you, Will.

He pushed open two of the doors and began walk inside, Layla right behind him. I followed after Layla and then others began to follow after me.
The gym was very and had large windows. Looking around the room, I noticed that we were the only ones in the gym.

This was our orientation?...
Either way we all continued to walk until we began to near a podium with a stand at the center. Before entering the gym, Will, Layla, Zach, Ethan, Magenta (names I learned when Ron was demanding them to give up their seat for Will and Layla) and me had been in the front of the group. Now we all seemed to be in the second row. Not that I had a problem with that.

A bright light flashed above all of our heads, basically blinding us, and stopped above the stand. The bright light then transformed into a woman.
"Good morning. I am Principal Powers. On behalf of all the faculty and staff, welcome to Sky High." Our principal welcomed us with a kind smile.

"Yeah!" Zach yelled, clapping his hands together. Will and I looked at each with a smiley, having been amused by our friend. Principal Powers gave Zach an unamused look. Embarrassed, he looked down at the floor and swung his arms lightly back and forth.

Principal Powers shook her head before continuing her speech."In a few moments you will go through Power Placement and your own heroic journey will begin."

"Power placement?" Will questioned.

"Sounds fascist." Layla sassed while crossing her arms.

"Can't be too bad." I responded with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Power Placement: it's how they decide where you go." Ethan said, answering Will's question.

Magenta summed it up with a response of, "The hero track or the loser track."

"Th-th-there's a loser track?" Will stuttered. Uh oh. Looks like twin was panicking again. I patted his arm in what I hoped was a comforting gesture.

"I believe the preferred term is "Hero Support." Ethan reassured with and it seemed to help Will nervousness go away.

"For now, good deeds and good luck. Let the adventure begin." We turned our attention back to Principal Powers just as she was finishing up with her speech. She moved to the side of the stand.

"Comets away!" She shouted. She turned back into that bright light and flew over our heads. We watched as she exited the room, only to notice a piece of the gym from the center of the room began to rise. The middle of that platform opened up and a man began to rise from it. Behind the sunglasses, it almost seemed like he was glaring at us.

Well this should be fun....

A/N: OH MY GOSH, I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER!!! I WAS SO FOCUSED ON MAKING SURE MY GARDES WERE AT WHERE I WANTED THEM THAT I DIDNT FIND ANY TIME TO WRITE SOMETHING. So I passed all my classes with the goal I wanted🙌. I finished school a couple weeks ago but for some reason my computer wasn't allowing me to log on to my account (I'm taking it to get fixed tomorrow)
and I really didn't want to type it out on my phone bc then I starting having pains in my wrists. But I felt so bad for not updating in such a long time that I knew I just had to power through and type out this chapter on my phone. Tbh, I've never finished a story before but I'm determined to finish this one. You are all such kind people who apparently like this story and I love you all so much for that!💜💜
Oh, btw I'm gonna go back and rewrite Scar's power to telekinesis and invisibility. I wasn't satisfied with the strength super power I gave her and I like invisibility much better. Any-who, I'll start on the next chapter tomorrow!!