Chapter 4

Disclaimer: Only Scarlet is of my own creation.
*
*

The landing back onto ground was extremely bumpy, the bus swaying to and fro. I made sure I had a firm grasp on my backpack so it wouldn't slip out of my grasp. The bus gave one final, unexpected jolt that resulted in Layla and I bumping heads. I rubbed the damaged spot as Ron quickly shouted out an apology. The constricting seat belts came undone, allowing my fellow peers to make their way off the bus. I shuffled down the small hallway, behind Layla, as Ron gave us a somewhat of a lecture.

"Word of advice. Don't miss the bus, 'cause the bus waits for no one. Except for you, Will and Scarlet Stronghold." Will pulled on the bottom of my hair, halting me from walking any further. He then pulled on my elbow, turning both of us around to look back at Ron, Layla doing the same.

"You ever running late, running early, or you just want to talk..." Ron trailed off as he provided two cards from his pocket. Will reached over to accept the cards, handing one over to me. "....give me a call."

"Thanks, Ron." Will and I said.

"Seriously." He stated, closing the bus doors.

Will and I shared a quick look before we turned to walk away with Layla.
Sky High was a lot to take in at first. I've never seen anything so impressive as this school before. Students showed off their powers to one another. Girls with powers similar to my mother came flying in from thin air. The majority of the people in my group turned their attention towards to guys checking out a blonde as she walked passed them. They weren't trying to hide either, one of them even shoot a laser beam from their eyes to hit against her butt! Which backfired as she froze both of them in their place.

"Yeah! Freeze-Girl!" Zach exclaimed from behind me.

Turning to look in the other direction, there was a cheerleader giving a welcoming cheer with multiples of herself as the other cheerleaders. After doing a couple more cheers, the cheerleader's multiples disappeared until she was the only one cheering.

Unlike Maxville, were our super powers had to remain a secret, Sky High was suppose to be a place were you didn't have to hid who you really were. And I could really get use to this place.

Our group was getting closer towards the entrance of the school when I turned my attention towards Will. With the uneasiness smeared across his face, I knew that he would be having some trouble adjusting to Sky High.

I bumped my shoulder against his to get his attention. He turned half of his body in my direction.

"It'll be okay, Will." I said, hoping to ease his nerves.

Which seemed to work. "Thanks, Scar." He told me with a small, tense grin.

Out of nowhere, an incredibly fast blur began to run around my group, pushing us closer to one another. The blur then suddenly stopped in front of us and revealed itself as just another student, probably a bully.

"Hey, Freshmen!" He shouted to get our attention, like his performance before wasn't enough. "Your attention, please."

Another student, probably his buddy, descended the stairs just like a slinky until he came to stop next to the first guy who rounded us up.

"I'm Lash," Mr. Slinky, which now just became my nickname for him, said as he twisted his body around. He patted his buddy on the shoulder, " Um, this is Speed. And as representatives of the Sky High welcoming committee..."

"We'd be happy to collect that 15 dollar new student fee." Speed finished off for Lash. And as for Mr. Slinky, he extended his arm out towards the guy standing next to Layla.

"Um, there was nothing about a new student fee in the handbook." He said in a baffled tone, adjusting his glasses.

Thankfully, a voice interrupted this whole thing.
"Okay, guys. Very funny. I'll take over from here," an older female student said as she came to our rescue. Mr. Slinky and Speed gave her a displeased look before walking away.

"Hey, everybody. I'm Gwen Grayson, your student body president." She introduced with a flip of her hair. She seemed nice, likeable. And from the expression on Will's face, it was safe to say he took a quick liking to her too. Poor Layla.... It was clear to everyone except Will that Layla had feelings for my idiot of a twin brother.

"I know you're all going to love it here at Sky High. I know I have. I've just had the greatest experience..." But as nice as Gwen seemed to be, it wasn't really in the mood to listen to anything she had to say.

My attention had wandered off in the direction of what appeared to be another freshman group. I noticed that walking behind everyone else was a guy wearing a leather jacket and red highlights that stood out in the sunlight. I didn't really think much of him as my thoughts were unwillingly interrupted by Gwen.

"If you can remember those few simple rules, I promise you will not fall off the edge of the school." Everyone, aside from Will and I, gave a laugh at her joke. Will and I briefly shared confused looks.

"Follow me inside for orientation." She turned around, walking in the direction of the entrance of the school, expecting us be walking right behind her.

"Rules? What rules?" Will questioned as we slowly walked after Gwen.

"Weren't you paying attention?" Layla asked while I shrugged my shoulders as a response to Will's question.

Looks like neither of the Stronghold twins were paying attention.

*

*

*

*
*
A/N: Sorry for any errors! Hello there! I've finally updated! Sorry for the long wait! I've been drowning myself in my studies so I could maintain a good grade this semester in all of my classes! It is my Junior year in high school after all ! And I really don't need to make up any unnecessary credits. So I'll hopefully work on the next chapter considering the fact that I'm on Winter Break and have no homework! They only other things I'll probably be doing is reading and volunteering at this local shelter. So sorry for the long wait! Happy Christmas (30 minutes of it left here in California) or whatever else you do or don't celebrate!😘