Chapter 1

"Here we go," I heard my brother Will tell himself as I sat on his bed, reading.

I looked up from my book to see Will preparing himself to lift some weights that were far to heavy for him to actually lift. I guess he thought he could just forces his potential power to just emerge. He laid down on the bench, shifting his hands on to the bar. Took a deep breath, and attempted to lift the weights. Attempted. He was huffing and puffing, only getting the dumb bar up in the air by maybe an inch or half that. He places the bar back in its place, moving to sit up and catch his breath.

Will gave a sigh, which caused me to stuff the book I held in my hands into my backpack.

"It'll be okay, Will. You'll get your powers eventually," I tried to reassure him.

He shrugged his shoulders and looked at me with a hint of frustration. "Maybe, but when? I mean you already got your powers - two of them - and we're twins! Don't twins normally do stuff together?"

Uh, he kind of had a point there.
"Maybe it's because I'm a way more awesome twin?" I tell him with a smile.
He scoffs, rolling his eyes, but I manage to get a smile out of him.

"You wish," he tells me.

"Will? Scarlet?" We both hear dad shout from somewhere downstairs.
Will springs up from his seat and quickly tries to add on more weights onto the dumb bell. Dad calls out to us again, the sound of his shoes hitting the steps sends Will into a bit of a panic.

"Help me!" He hisses at me, yelping as his finger is squashed between the weights.

I shake my head before complying. He hasn't ever directly said it but our parents seem to assume that Will has super strength like our dad. It could be that Will has mentioned a couple of times that he seems to be getting stronger. Or that suddenly he was interested in lifting weights. So he kept up the appearance that he was in fact strong.

I grab a weight and add it onto my side of the dumb bell. It wasn't that much of an issue for me to pick them up, they weren't too heavy, yet Will struggled a bit. He should really try working out a lot more often. He was in a bit of panic and it might have something to do with the sound of our dad's shoes getting closer. I quickly place the last weight on, and move back onto Will's bed.

My brother places on his last weight, and moves back under the bar. He lifts the dumb bar up an inch just as our father walks into the room.

"Two hundred," he huffs out, quickly placing the bar back in its place. Really Will? Two hundred? Thank goodness dad doesn't know you can't even do one.

"Oh, hey, dad. Just trying to get a few sets in before school," Will says as he sits up from underneath the bar.

"Low weights, high rep, huh? Good thinking. Don't want to bulk up." Dad says, nodding at Will and walking into the room.

"Nah, going more for definition." Will tells him with a shrug. Dad takes a seat on the empty space next to me. He ruffles my hair and I try to swat him away.

"Scarlet, mom wants you downstairs. Why don't you go on ahead while I talk to your brother," Dad says to me. I nod my head. It was probably guy to guy talk that I didn't really need to hear. I didn't want to take any chances so I just agreed with him.

I grab the backpack that I had previously stuffed a book into and exit the room.

'I hope mom has breakfast ready,' I think to myself as I begin to walk down the stairs.

A/N: Sorry to make it short and to just end it at that point but I just wanted to get it out of the way and post something.
Comment! Vote!