Chapter 3

I locked the door to the front of the house, moving quickly to catch up to Will and Layla. The two jerks love to leave me behind. Unfortunately for those two, I'll stick to them like glue.

"Now, I know it's just our first day, but I already can't wait to graduate and start saving mankind." Layla said as we walked down the sidewalk. She paused for a moment, considering her words. "And woman kind. And animal kind."

"And the rainforest!" Will and I added.

"Of course." Layla responded.

"Hello, kids." The voice of our neighbor called out. We turned around to see her watering her grass, sending us a kind smile.

"Hi, Mrs. Kibbitch." The three of us replied, waving.

Up ahead, it could be seen that we were reaching the end of the sidewalk - the bus stop sign coming into view.

"I just feel really good about this year." Layla said with a content smile.

"Yeah. It should be great." Will commented, with not as much enthusiasm as our cheery red head.

Before I could give my loving twin another pep talk, the bus rolled to a stop in front of us, preventing a conversation from beginning. Will quickly stepped into the bus as soon as it's doors opened up.

The bus driver and Will exchanged greetings. My brother followed it up by asking a ridiculous question. "Is this the bus to Sky High?"

"Shh! What are you, crazy?" The bus driver exclaimed, waving an arm around. He moved a lever to shut the bus door behind Layla and I. "Guess you want every super-villain in the neighborhood to know we're here." He snapped.

"No, no. Sorry." Will quickly apologized. He tried to walk away but was stopped by the bus driver.

"What's your name, freshman?"

Uh, oh. Fake a last name Will, fake it! You'll be setting yourself up for some unwanted attention if you don't.....I really wish we had that twin thing were you know what the other is thinking.

"Um, Will Stronghold."

But my brother isn't the smartest tool in the shed. I poked his back but he paid me no attention.

The bus driver took a nervous gulp. See what you did Will!

"The son of the Commander and Jetstream?" He questioned, his tone changing from frustration to excitement. He looked passed Will and caught sight of me standing right behind my twin.

"Scarlet Stronghold?" His voice reached a bit more excitement to it. I bobbed my head to answer him, twirling a piece of my hair.

It took him a few more seconds to react, and when he did, he jumped out of his seat and pushed Will and me in front of him.

"Everyone! It's Will and Scarlet Stronghold! Twins of the Commander and Jetstream!" He captured the unnecessary attention of everyone during his introduction. Not wanting to feel their gaze on me any longer, I moved away from the front to find a seat. The bus driver who introduced himself to Will, Ron, kept talking so the attention moved away from me.

I managed to find a vacant seat across from Zach, a good friend of Will's, who greeted me with a wave. I set my backpack in my lap, rummaging through it to pass the time. It didn't take long for Will and Layla to escape from grasp of Ron the bus driver, the sound of their feet thudding on the small hallway as they grew closer to my seat. The bus finally began moving again, the destination to school was nearing. Will took the empty next to Zach while Layla to the lonely one next to me.

My closest friend gave me a small smile, which I returned, watching as I pulled out my music player. I placed one earbud in, leaving my other ear if Layla wished to engage in a conversation. I was in the midst of picking a song when the bus came to a sudden stop, my head almost hitting the one in front of me.

Ron opened up the bus and the kid quickly scrambled in, taking his seat somewhere in the front. Ron switched his hat for another, ripped off some white material from his arm to reveal blue patch. He turned around in his seat, and said to everyone on the bus with a grin, "Next stop, Sky High!"

He turned back around a began to quickly drive away. It seemed like things were about to get interesting so I placed my music player back into my backpack. The path Ron was taking really didn't seem right... A few other teens appeared to be confused as well.

"Where are we?" Layla questioned. Suddenly, two belts strapped us in at both sides of our body, while a metal bar popped out from the seat in front of us.

The bus continued to speed up, going faster as it would reach the end of the road. And when it did reach the end, we were falling. Scared, screams were filling the bus, never stopping as the bus froze in mid air and then shot up into the sky. The bus did some twist and turns, going into a lop before calming done enough to just fly straight. It was actually quite fun, and I would've been yelling in excitement rather than in fear, if only I hadn't been caught off guard.

Everyone began to calm down as Sky High began to become visible.

"There she is. Sky High." I faintly heard Ron say, tuning him out, I focused my attention on my new school. It really was a marvelous sight to behold.

Maybe high school wouldn't be so bad.....

A/N: sorry for not posting anything in such a long time, but Junior year is really kicking my butt. I still have lots to do but I was determined to post a chapter tonight! (It's currently 11:11 pm where I'm at) I know this chapter isn't the best but I just wanted to post something for those who are reading this. Hopefully the next update won't take as long and will be better!

Until next time,

xNattyGracex