Chapter 9

After talking to blondie, I was able to find the nurse's office. When I entered, an aging woman was sitting at her desk, filling some sort of paperwork. Her glasses hung low on her nose, and when she looked up, she removed them so that they dangled around her neck instead.

"May I help you?" Her voice was so sweet sounding and inviting.

"Hi." I awkwardly waved my hand before quickly putting it back to my side. "Err, I'm looking for William Stronghold? I'm his sister."

Her face lit up, "Oh! Yes, he's right through those doors, why don't you go in? I know the first day's hard so I thought I'd let him sit back for a while."

I gave her a grateful smile. "Thanks for taking care of Will."

She waved off my gratitude, probably being used to compliments after taking care of her patients. With another awkward wave, I made my way to be way to be reunited with Will again.
Opening the door, I walked in on Will casually sucking on a lollypop and his legs swinging back and forth. Shutting the door behind me, he looked up and pulled the lollipop out of his mouth in surprise.

"S – Scar? What are you doing here?"

I rolled my eyes at the stuttering mess in front of me. "I came to see if you were doing all right, dummy."

He sighed. "I'm in big trouble, Scar."

I dropped my bag to the floor and motioned for Will to make room on his little exam table. I hopped onto the space next to him and accepted the second lollypop he was holding in his other hand.

"I think it's finally time to tell mom and dad the truth, Will." I told him. "They'll understand if you just explain it to them."

He slowly nodded his head, twirling the lollypop between his fingers. "Yeah, uh, okay. I can do that. And after that I can pack up my bags and take the next bus out of town." He rushed the last bit out.

"Okay! Okay!" I pushed his lollypop back into his mouth. "Just...relax. How 'bout we just start with dad? Huh? You tell dad and then we'll tell mom, does that sound good?"

"It sounds like a disaster." He muttered around the lolly in his mouth. I nudged him in the side. "Fine. We'll do this your way. If things blow up I'm running away to Mexico and changing my name to Esteban."

"Great! Well not the running away part but we'll cross that bridge when we get there." I hopped off the examine table and began to pull at Will's arm. "School ended a while ago so we should probably leave before mom and dad destroy the city looking for us."

"Whaaa? How're we getting back?!"

"Ron, duh."

~ ~ ~

After thanking Ron for the ride home, we hurriedly made our way. I beat him to the door and opened it to see mom setting the table for dinner.

"Oh, there they are!" Mom exclaimed. She rushed over and showered me in kisses.

"Hey." Will greeted, slightly out of breath. I tried to pry my mom's arms off of me as she began to get in the way of me breathing regularly.

"Man of the hour!" Dad exclaimed with ease until I gave him a look from my place trapped in mom's tight grip. "And women!"

"Well, how'd it go?" Mom asked with excitement, finally releasing me from her death hold. I moved over to stand next to Will, taking caution incase mom decided to lunge at me again.

"Um, Dad, we need to talk." Will nervously shuffled closer to me. I tried to hand him another lolly that I snuck out of the nurse's office, but he just slapped my hand away.

Dad raised a brow at him, "You mean a little hero-to-hero talk? I think I know just the place. Come on." He gave mom and I a look, letting us know just exactly where he planned to take Will. Will gave a heavy sigh before accepting the treat I held in my hand. He trudged behind dad, shoulders slumping forward in defeat.

Mom and I shared a smile as we watched dad take will to the family's secret sanctum. Once they were out of view, mom grabbed a hold of me and spun us around the room in excitement. When she stopped, I had to hold onto the kitchen counter for support.

"Sooooo?" She questioned, while poking at my side. "How'd your first day at Sky High go?"

I gave her a rundown of what went on during my first day of high school.  Minus anything that had to do with Will and him not having any powers. Mom added her two cents in, commenting about her days in high school and what it was like for her. I mentioned how Warren seemed to despise Will and I without even knowing us. I failed to mention just who exactly he was, so mom just waved it off as us being paranoid. We continued to talk about Sky High while setting up the remaining items for dinner. Not too long after the table was finished being set up, Will and Dad joined us.

~ ~ ~

Throughout dinner, I noticed that Will refused to make eye contact with me. Knowing that it had to involve me in some way, it lead me to one conclusion. He didn't tell dad. This made me frustrated but I was going to have to let him do this on his own. Let's just hope they don't find out before Will gets the chance to explain himself.

When dinner was over, I stayed to help mom clean up. Will quickly rushed to his room the second he was done eating. I could only assume that he was feeling guilty for keeping the truth from our parents and being rewarded with the secret sanctum because of a lie.

When the last plate was washed, I told mom goodnight and made my way upstairs. I was about to call out for Will when I heard another voice. I slowly crept closer to his room, opening the door carefully to peer inside of it. I noticed that one of his windows was wide open. It was then that I heard the familiar voice of Layla. I heard something along the lines of apples and lemons. Layla, who cared so much for my brother, must've come by to check up on him. Knowing that he was in good hands, I carefully made my way back out of his room. When I closed his bedroom, I leaned against the door. I smiled knowing that Will had Layla to keep him in check.

A/N: Hello my lovelies!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the edits I've been including with them also. Like this and comment so I know you're reading! See you guys in the next chapter!