Chapter 7

Will quickly scrambled out the door, his nerves setting in. Layla grabs ahold of my wrist and we both quickly chase after him. He didn't go far. He leaned against the hallway wall around the corner of the gym.

"I - I don't think I can do it. I need to leave right now!" Will stumbled over his words and running his hands through his hair.

"Will, it'll be alright. We'll be here with you every step of the way." I told him.

"Scarlet's right. Forget about what everyone else thinks and focus on your self." Layla reassured him with.

Will took in a deep breathe and was about to respond when we were interrupted.

"Yo, Will!" Zach shouted. Along with him, Magenta and Ethan followed closely behind. Zach placed a hand on Will's shoulder. "Hey, you okay? You raced outta there so fast we thought something was wrong."

Will leaned forward to look around Zach, and then slowly leaned back against the wall. "Uh, yeah. I'm fine.... Just excited for lunch I guess."

Zach laughed, "Alright man, lets go get some." Will gave him a small smile and allowed Zach to lead him in the direction of the cafeteria. Layla and I shared a smile, following behind everyone else.

~~~~

We picked up our food and made our way to find a table to sit at. Ethan and Zach were discussing their placements and how unfair Coach Boomer was being (mostly Zach).

"I tell you, Boomer will regret making me a sidekick. All right?" Zach grumbled in displeasure. I rolled my eyes at the boy in front of me continued to complain. "Someday it'll be dark, he'll be all alone, walking to his car. He'll drop his keys, and I won't glow to help him find 'em."

"You got a problem with me?" Boomer said as he suddenly popped out from behind a student, causing us all to stop in our spot.

Zach's eyes widen at having been caught,"Uh, no."

"No what?" Boomer said, narrowing his eyes at Zach.

"No, sir. No, sir! No, sir!" Zach started shouting, panicking at the thought of getting in trouble.

Suddenly Boomer started to morph into a regular high school student. He smirked at Zach, "Just messin' with you, sidekick." He patted Zach's arm as he walked away.

"You're not supposed to use your powers outside of the school gym!" Ethan shouted in Zach's defense.

As I made my way around to sit next to Layla, I noticed that there was a guy shifting his heated gaze from between Will and I. I recognized him as the guy I briefly saw entering the school. We made eye contact but I quickly looked down at my tray to avoid an awkward stare down. I wasn't sure how to take this so I decided to ignore it for now. Will looked over his shoulder and immediately notice the guy wearing a leather jacket glaring at him.

"Am I crazy, or is that guy really looking at me?" He asked as he turned around to face us.

"Dude." Zach said slowly as his eyes widen in shock, slowly turning his attention to Will.

"What?" Will and I asked at the same time. We gave each other an annoyed look before looking back at Zach. Speaking at the same time gets old really fast.

"That's Warren Peace."

"That's Warren Peace?" Layla asked in shock. So far, I've come to the conclusion that everyone but the Strongholds knew who this guy was. Well, everyone at this table.

"Yeah." Zach gave a strong nod and reached for his drink.

"I've heard about him. His mom's a hero and his dad's a supervillain. Baron Battle." Layla said, giving us Warren's background story.