Chapter 26

Zoro sat slightly offended on his place on the deck and had his arms crossed, which were slightly bandaged. Chopper had just treated the scratches and said that it could have been worse for him. Yukiji had really been able to hold back.

"That wasn't bad." Sanji, who was standing next to her, smoking and looking out to sea, grinned. "But you should be careful not to lose control next time."

Yukiji exhaled. "Yes, I know that. You don't have to remind me..." No, he really didn't have to. She was aware that Zoro would have experienced some broken bones. "But he'll be training with me from now on." the eighteen-year-old grinned. Of all the members here, she was the youngest. Nami was also her age, but her birthday would come before hers.

Sanji laughed softly. "But I have to agree with him. You really are stubborn." Yukiji also laughed and then fell silent again. It reminded her of the first meeting with Nova in her room. Her behavior was childish and yet stubborn. Something Nova had always said to her when this topic had come up in conversation.

"I'm going to lie down for a while..." Yukiji said now and walked down the stairs to her cabin. Well, actually Nami's, who was barely there. She could clearly feel Sanji's worried look at her back.

"Why have I been thinking about you so much lately...?" Yukiji asked in a whisper as she sat down on the bed and lay down. Yukiji put her right arm on her forehead to give her eyes a slight dimming.

Since she had been here on the Going Merry, Nova had come up more often than she wanted. The name was spitting around in her head as if someone wanted to give her a sign.

Slight tears ran down her cheeks as Yukiji remembered her happy and good days with Nova. The days when Nova had yelled at her because Yukiji couldn't wait for the food and then shared it. Food that Nova had received very little of as a servant.

Yukiji had always wondered what had happened to Nova. Whether the sea had swallowed her up, or whether she had survived just like Sanji. And then came the thought that Nova could not escape the sea. That the devil fruit had been her undoing.

Yukiji bit down hard on her lower lip. She tried to calm herself and stop her tears. Even though Nova was always important to her, she had to be able to cope without her best friend.

Determined, Yukiji wiped the tears from her eyes, which were slightly red. Her eyes turned to the wooden ceiling where she could see a light dust trickling down. Something that had distracted her for a short time.

For just a moment, Yukiji was able to regain her composure. However, this calm did not last long. Because a shout spread across the deck, which had belonged to Chopper, who had run across the wooden floorboards in panic.