Chapter 80

It was the middle of the night when Yukiji couldn't sleep anymore because she had remembered her past because of the dream. Since she had told Nova, Zoro and Mihawk, some memories came to her mind. In the dream, she could see the good and the bad. Things she wanted to forget, but also things she had enjoyed experiencing.

Many were connected to Nova and Sanji. The three of them were rarely seen together in their free time, but that didn't have to be the case. As soon as they all met, they did things together.

Sanji had cooked, Nova had told her stories, whereby she had raved more about Mihawk and Yukiji had simply wanted to eat, but had been very fascinated. Yukiji was easy to impress but also easy to break in certain ways. And Sir Crocodile had managed that very well.

Yukiji now walked quietly out of the small room she had been given by Mihawk. Not far from her was Zoro's room, from which his typical snoring could be heard. The training with the monkeys must have been very strenuous since Mihawk had given him this task. Once he had defeated the Monkey King, he would have what it took to be on a par with him.

In the boxes in the living room, Yukiji searched for the board game she had seen in the afternoon. She needed a distraction to fall asleep. In the past, she would often sneak off to Nova's afterwards, as her servant's room was nearby. Yukiji had never been noticed that way. Not even with her father.

"There it is.", Yukiji grinned and pressed the board to her chest to go to Nova with it. Nova would yell at her again, but Yukiji took that in her stride.

With her devil power, it was child's play to get to her room without waking the men. They needed their sleep. Although, so did Nova, but she didn't care. Nova already knew the whole thing.

Well, Nova would have what it takes to kill them by now. But she wouldn't even consider it. Who else would get on her nerves? Exactly, no one.

"I...thank you..." Nova whispered when Mihawk actually came into the room with her. Nova hadn't thought that he would even comply with her request. Since the conversation with Yukiji, she hadn't had the chance to talk to Mihawk about her feelings. But she had hit the mark, which she had realized herself. She loved Mihawk and had done so for a long time. What had been mere admiration as a young girl had turned into love.

Slowly, Nova leaned towards Mihawk while her left hand gripped the back of his neck. The silver chain with the blue stone that her Yukiji had given her dangled in the air and left her warmed skin.

For a brief moment, Nova looked into the yellowish eyes of her love who had been looking at her. The gaze of a hawk, as his name suggested. Mihawk made no pretense of backing away, which was why Nova had given herself and her shyness a jolt. Her eyelids lowered as her lips approached his.

Shortly afterwards, their lips touched, giving Nova an incredible feeling. Her heart raced, which was intensified by the butterflies in her stomach. What she hadn't thought was that Mihawk had returned the kiss. Nova was no longer aware of anything around her. She didn't even notice a small breeze that was supposed to give her a warning.

"Nova...kissing a man?...I didn't think I'd live to see this..." Yukiji breathed at that moment, which made Nova freeze and break away from Mihawk, literally throwing him to the ground unintentionally.

"Yukiji!" Nova shouted at the pink-haired girl and discovered a board game in her arms. Completely dumbfounded, Nova stared at her best friend before standing up as if stung by a bee.

"Is that your first?!" the black-haired girl yelled. "I...couldn't sleep..." Yukiji admitted and closed her eyes with a smile, holding out the board game to Nova. "Come on, let's play." she said as if she hadn't seen anything at all so that Nova would calm down.

"As if I'd play with you now after your peeping!" Nova scolded her like a toddler, which she hadn't meant to do. "Come on Nova. I won't say anything about it." Yukiji whined and heard an annoyed snort.

"If you say a word about it, I'll kick you out!" Nova gave in, knowing that Yukiji wouldn't leave until the game was over. Yukiji, who was supposed to be a graceful princess, had always been like a little child who could be soothed and fascinated with little things.