The Camp (Survivor)

The snow was even harder than it was before, pelting down more furiously as though to stop the group pushing ahead. We had no idea what was ahead of us. We soon got our answer when we arrived at two massive, metal gates, blocking our way, notably, they both had spikes running across the doors. There were several cabins spotted around the campsite, and a massive cave lay up ahead.

"The vaccines probbaly just behind these walls." Willow remarked. "We'll have to think of a way to get over." Willow then advanced to the wall, and tried to figure out a way to climb the wall.

Me and Pony simply hung back and kicked snow, both waiting. The snow started to get vicious again, and Willow pulled up a black scarf I never realised she had until now. She seemed protective of it though. All of a sudden a rumbling noise could be heard from the ground. A split second later, right in front of Pony, an infected military solider burst up from the ground, slashing and kicking snow and debris everywhere. Before any of us had any time to react, another burst up a few feet away, then another, then another. Soon, tons of infected soliders were crawling up to the surface.

"Infected!" Pony cried. I leapt into action and kicked one of them in the jaw, jarring the solider backwards, before it tumbled over itself, and tumbled back underground. One with a fur covered scar made it all he way. Pony did something that surprised me, he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out Willow's gun, or rather her former gun, the one she gave up at the factory.

"Don't hit any vital organs." Pony whispered, his voice barely audible over the wind, before loading it and blowing a hole in the left leg of one of them. The infected howled in pain and collapsed to the floor.

Willow hooked on in the face, who gasped for breath, Willow kicked it over, the infected fell onto it's front, blood trickling down it's face.

"So this is why this place has been so quiet!" Willow exclaimed. There was then a close call, one infected grabbed Willow's ankle and was about to bite it, invading her body with the infection, when I lunged and grabbed it from behind, I tossed it over my shoulder with strength I had no idea he had. The infected retreated into the ground, and so did the others, leaving gaping holes in the ground. Everyone was out of breath.

"Let's just be more careful now." I told everyone, everyone naturally agreed, and decided to Willow's progress. I was walking, when all of a sudden, a large object in the distance caught the corner of my eye.

"Interesting." I muttered.

"Tell Willow to watch out." I frantically told Pony. I took of running to the cannon, not even stopping to realise the consequences of such a risky decision.

"What's going on with that guy?" Willow enquired, dusting mud and snow off of her front.

I found the cannon, I could see Pony and Willow. Using more strength I guess I had deeper inside of me, I pushed the heavy metal cannon in the direction of the cave entrance and saw a huge red button, marked 'FIRE'. I hesitated, but then the Purple wearing figure flashed into his mind, literally. He gave me a toothy grin and reached out to push my hand down on the button. BAAAAAANNNNGGGG!!!!! A huge bang exploded across the camp, causing puddles of snowy sludge to shakeout, it was so loud, that my ears were ringing for several minutes. A smoking hole could know be seen in the rock that used to block the cave entrance, Mimi looked quite shocked.

"Nice moves." Willow muttered.

We were then gathered at the cave entrance. We were pleased to find, a pleasant open space with large white lights on the inside, they were lingering outside for just a moment longer.

"Did that really just happen." I thought to myself. "Nah. That's gotta be my subconscious trying to make a joke or something."

"Willow, go on ahead." Pony said. "I need to talk one sec." I was curious about what he had to say. Pony shifted his winter cap on his head.