FIFTEEN

You guys thought I forgot about this book, didn't you?

Apologies for the long hiatus (been pretty busy since I started working), but guess what? I'm back on track!

DESCLAIMER: THIS INCLUDES A VERY STEAMY SCENE! IF YOU ARE A MINOR, BETTER SKEDADDLE THIS AIN'T FOR YOU. IF YOU'RE STILL HERE, YOU ASKED FOR IT. YOUR BRAIN WILL BLOW UP (pun intended)

Anyways, on to Chapter 15!

•••

After a long dreadful shift, I pulled to a stop in front of the house. With a coat on my hand and a bag full of groceries, I swung the door open after unlocking it with Steven's keys. I felt a temporary ache in my back, but the discomfort was moderate and brief, so I easily overlooked it as it wasn't particularly intense. I entered to see Steven covered in a blanket watching a movie and a bottle of water on top of the table. His countenance was blank, trying to focus on the character in the movie.

I pondered about how Steven spent his entire day. Recently, I've found myself growing more caring and protective of him; even a minor mishap becomes significant in my eyes. The closer I am to the boy with the puffy hair, the stronger my attachment to him becomes. Yet, I constantly suppress these feelings for a single reason: I shouldn't be capable of experiencing such emotions. It's highly unusual for a gem designed solely for protection and care to harbor such sentiments.

"Steven," I called. He looked at me with surprise. "Why are you still up?"

"I couldn't sleep," he said. He set aside the remote, finishing the remaining water in the bottle he had filled. Wrapping himself in the blanket, he made himself comfortable and gazed at me with a desolate expression. "I just feel lonely without you. I don't know what to do here, except just roaming round the house and constantly re-watch Dogcopter 6: Til Death Do We Bark over and over again just to keep me company. But I need your presence, Pink."

I smirked as I raised a brow and chuckled. "You really miss me that much?"

"Yeah," he weakly smiled. Pointing from a distance, he indicated that the tap water from the sink continued to leak even when closed. "Also, the water sink is broken again and I can't fix it on my own because of my weak arms."

"Figured this much." I laughed, "I'll fix it later." I placed the groceries on the kitchen table and proceeded to change, taking off my outfit and headed over to the closet inside the bedroom to get a black star shirt. A glance at the dining table revealed that he hadn't eaten the dinner I had prepared. I asked again for reassurance, "Have you eaten dinner yet?"

"I have not."

"Why?" I went to the bathroom to wash my oily face. "I have already prepared you food to eat; why haven't you?"

"Yeah, but, I decided to wait for you. I just need company."

"I'll join you then," I smiled after wiping my wet face with a towel, "if that's what you want."

He stood up, still wrapped in his blanket and went over to the dining area to eat. I pulled two plates, two pairs of utensils, and two glasses. I watched him dig in to the beef stroganoff I had made and the baked potatoes I reheated on the microwave. I got some tomato juice from the fridge and poured on to his glass.

I kept gazing upon him, thinking how cute he is and that seeing him with pure joy is all I ever wanted to see. I wanna make him happy even more than I ever did from the previous attempt. I just couldn't stand a chance seeing him with full despair in his eyes; I don't wanna see his condition worsen. Frankly, I can't bear the idea of anything unfortunate happening to him, it ignites a fury and worry within me when I see him in distress.