ELEVEN

It's been a while. Sorry about that. I've been busy.

We got back from the hospital, tired. After Steven's CT scan and getting the results, I instantly had to devise a plan to bring back his lack of emotions for us to perform an amalgam. Steven sat on the couch as I made my way toward the kitchen to get him a glass of water.

My belly growled as my insides began twisting.

Weird, my belly doesn't rumble. I'm not even hungry, I haven't been experiencing hunger since I existed. Why is this time any different from the previous? What's happening?

I gave Steven the glass of water and sat beside him. "I'm so hungry."

"I thought you don't eat?" He gave me a weird look.

"My belly just rumbled, Steven. How come it is not hunger? It sounded like the world just hiccupped." I raised an eyebrow and smirked. And I thought it would work on him, but it didn't. That proved to me I'm not, at least, the most humorous.

He narrowed his eyes at me, confused.

I looked away. "Too cliché, right? Okay, wrong approach."

I looked back at him, and he was smiling. Why is he smiling at me? I asked him why he's giving me an expression, to which he didn't respond. "Stop giving me that smile, I don't understand what you mean!"

"It's just so overrated, Pink."

We stared at each other for a long time. His smile brought such overfilling joy in me I never thought I'll feel in my lifetime. His rosy cheeks and his eyes attract, making my chest throb in an unusually good way. "You smiled."

He beamed, but he looked away in an instant. "My emotions are getting useless. Well, not really, I can still feel something. It's just that it's not that fluttering and rainbows and sunshine anymore like the past few weeks."

I snorted. My belly suddenly rumbled again. Now his belly did, too. We're both hungry. "Anything you'd like to eat?" I asked. "You decide."

He hummed as he thought for a second. "Pizza would be cool, I guess."

"Pizza it is." I stood and went to the telephone, dialing Domino's Pizza. Ordering, I requested to add pepperoni, black olives, mushrooms, and basil. Steven loved those toppings as much as I do. That though, my tongue is incapable of tasting any food, at least, that's what I assume. I... haven't eaten a darn food since I came out. All I do was cook for Steven, but never did I taste any of them. Sure, I knew how to cook, but I made the taste well by my nose. I have a strong sense of smell that can determine if I'm putting the right ingredient and measurement. It's a skill.

They told me to wait for fifteen minutes.

I took out some orange juice in the fridge and brought it on the center table. Steven was touching his bellybutton while getting lost in his thoughts.

I bent over to face him. "Steven, you okay?"

Steven twitched his face to look at me with wide eyes. "Oh, yeah."

I grasped his hands, but it was freezing as an iceberg, so I had to let go immediately. "Your hands are super cold."

"My hands feel numb, actually. I tried to hold an ice cube and I couldn't feel how chilly it is. Must've caused this goddamn swelling bellybutton I have or probably something else but, I don't know." He poured orange juice on his glass and chugged.

"When did it bleed?"

He looked at me unknowingly. "Pink, you gotta' warn me about the topic. I'm trying to drink and then blood's now smothered all over my mind."