FOUR

I drove back to the house after a day of hard work.

My feet numbed and my body, especially my back, throbbed from flexing it from time to time whilst pacing an entire nineteen square foot restaurant. This tingling, burning sensation still keeps nagging at me. It's like 'stabbing-thousands-of-flame-swords' kind of pain. I couldn't resist this, not any longer.

I need to rest.

I parked the Dondai at the front as I got out. I took the letter out of the mailbox that was the electricity bill I need to pay for the month.

I need to settle this as soon as possible.

"I'm back!" I said as I closed the door behind me. My eyes enlarged witnessing the look of the internal house. It was spotless as if it wasn't, at all, wrecked before I left in the morning. Furnaces looked entirely the same but brand new, scattered picture frames rearranged in its places, and the floor looked as though he vacuumed it.

Pink walked toward me, looking at me like a weirdo. "I cleaned it."

"On your own?" I lurked my eyes once again round about the place. My mind still couldn't believe that he did it by himself. He took the time to tidy it up. "Like what you did to the place."

I followed the question, "Anything happened while I was gone?"

"Your flower vase got smashed," he replied with a creepy blank expression. What vase? I sure have a lot of vases here, but I couldn't pinpoint which one. He pointed out Dad's vase Mom gave to him, and now to me.

That vase was important to him, it was the first gift he received from Mom back in the old days, during his birthday. No matter how bad Mom did back then, this gift was such a life-changer for him, at least. Dad never received such meaningful gifts during his birthday before Mom showed up in his life. Grandpa and Grandma didn't give time to plan about a simple celebration—just greetings, you know, the ordinary boring kind of celebrating.

However, when I looked at it, it doesn't look fragmented nor even have the slightest damage. I kept swallowing the large medicine of certainty, but it won't fit in my throat.

"It looks new. It doesn't look like you've broken it," I said. "Why did it break, specifically?"

"It's the fly's fault."

I furrowed my brow. "How can a fly smash a vase?"

"I tried to kill it, then I accidentally smashed it with a broom."

"Okay?" I made a glance at the vase and back to him with a questionable look. "How did you put it back together?"

"I used my healing spit."

I laughed at him. "Good one."

He stuck out his tongue only to show it was dry and full of scars. I thought he was joking. My laughter faded, shifting into a look more angrily worried. "Seriously?" I stepped forward to examine his scarred tongue. There's still some slight blood flowing down on one of its wounds. "That's too dangerous! Why did you do that? You know, I can just buy a new one."

"But you loved that vase," he said.

"Yes, that's true. Either way, that's still dangerous." I looked at the vase and got me thinking: the vase is now fine, why would I handle that problem? I should rest. I sighed and looked at him with narrow eyes and my mouth pout out. "You know what? Forget it. It's perfectly fine now. Served you right for doing it! I'm going to go change."

I entered the room and took my working clothes off and switched it with my pajamas. I lie down on my bed as I let my body sink into my comfortable soft bed. I shut my eyes so I could rest, but each rumble of my stomach kept me awake, which is the exact opposite of what I want as of this moment. I'm drowsy from work and yet, my belly wanted to seek some food.