Dark

|| ADOPTED FROM DireWerewolfGirl ||

Name - Dark
Name meaning - The absence of light

Tribe (s) - Roughly 50% NightWing and 50% SkyWing
Abilities - Large wings (so fast flyer), can breathe fire, was born under a blood moon and so can forsee natural disasters and events.

Age - 41

Gender - Female

Sexuality - Bisexual

Personality -
Theme song - Mad World
Overall - Dark is what you'd call an emo, or the closest a dragon could get. She's all about the dark colours and listens to sad songs 50% of her life: the other half is spent writing death poetry or pretending to worship the Darkstalker to scare away bypassers. She has a hard and mistrusting exterior, and uses her sharp sarcasm to drive anyone who wants to be close to her away, believing they'll only cause her grief when they leave later. She prefers to travel alone, and has the mindset that anyone else will just get in her way. However, there's a deep-set reason for all her hostility: As a child, she was orphaned as her parents perished out at sea, trying to travel to Pantala for a week long course in medicine. Their abandonment has stayed with her for her whole life: she didn't hate it growing up in an orphanage, but she's been suffering from sleep disorders and anxiety as a result of her orphan syndrome. She gets emotional a lot, but tries fiercely to hide it and defend herself - if anyone ever manages to get into her, she says it'll be a miracle.
Good traits - Clever, good memory,
Bad traits - Sarcastic, anxious, mistrusting, hostile
Development - After becoming closer to Feijoa, she manages to talk to her about her anxiety and sleep problems, and they begin to get better. She realises that some people in this world do love her for who she is, and feels empowered by it - but of course, she does not lose her dark sarcastic nature, it only becomes more affectionate.

Backstory -
Background - Grew up in an orphanage with lots of Dragonets, so she's used to handling crowds. No-one mistreated her, in fact, they made an effort to try and make her feel comfortable. But sometimes, that's just not what she needed, and the memories of her loss have scarred her mentally.

Hometown - Sanctuary

Significant events -

- At one year old, her parents were travelling to Pantala for a week long course in medicine, but they were caught in a storm at sea and died
Influence on OC's life - Orphaned Dark, gave her lifelong Orphan syndrome and a chronic fear of the sea

- Barely a month later, she was taken into a orphanage in Sanctuary
Influence on OC's life - Built on her mistrust and anxiety, as she never received a proper childhood with her parents and starts to come to terms with that.

- When she turns four, she is sent to the local boarding school in Possibility, Firelight High, where she pretends to be a normal student. Throughout her schooling, she decided to pursue a career in reporting. She also started to become interested in sailing, but conflicted against this internally as she believed she was obligated to hate the sea because of what it did to her parents. This interest was quickly shut down.
Influence on OC's life - Gave her a brief education and set her up for the adult world.

- After leaving school, she gets a series of "summer jobs" around places, not really knowing what to do with her life.
Influence on OC's life - Kind of fills her with hopelessness, and eventually sends her running back to the orphanage where she starts to work with the Dragonets there.

- works for fourteen years at her childhood orphanage out of obligation.
Influence on OC's life - Really just depressed her knowing that all these Dragonets were going to suffer like her, and she even got to the point where she started wondering if it would be more merciful just to kill them so they could join their parents. Just wondering, though, she was never brave or sure enough to try it.

- At 41, she finally decides to do what she's avoided her whole life. She asks the orphanage owners about her parents, and finds out that their bodies washed up on Pantala and were buried in a cemetery there. Dark builds up the nerves to face her fears and travel there via the Trans-Pyrrhian Highway channel (a stream of islands each with resting stations and lighted paths between each)
Influence on OC's life - This was in a way her 'new beginning'. It was where she finally got closure over her parents, and met the dragon that would change her life forever: Fei.

Family and Relationships -
Biological Mother - Harrier
Relationship with her - Never knew her; she died out at sea when Dark was a year old. One day, they dropped her off at the daycare, and just... never came back. One year old Dark didn't understand.
Biological Father - Clearstrike
Relationship with him - Never knew him; he died out at sea when Dark was a year old. One day, they dropped her off at the daycare, and just... never came back. One year old Dark didn't understand.
Crushes (oldest to most recent) - Swiftbringer (Crush for a year when she was six, finally confessed her feelings but was rejected, destroying her confidence further accidentally), Feijoa (Current Girlfriend, met when she was travelling to the Pantalan Cemetery her parents were buried at)

Appearance -
Eye colour - Dark brownish grey
Primary scale colour - Crimson red
Underscale colour - Dark grey
Overscale colour - Black
Highlights colour - Dull pinkish red
Horns and talons colour - Dark grey
Build - Short and thin, due to the fact that she doesn't eat nearly enough (another effect of her orphan syndrome) Would be stockily built if it weren't for that fact.
Design reference link - I'm going to draw her too, but for now, here's the original art by DireWerewolfGirl