Chapter 1: Bookings and mishaps

The art for my cover photo is made by @xiangx2libuzu (Double X) on twitter! Go check out their art, they're incredible and deserve some love! <3

My Ao3 username is Lumpygogs, you're welcome to check out my page. This work is for people aged 18+ - Minors DNI. 

A seven hour flight, just to end up in a hotel lobby as Dream argued with the receptionist at the front desk. She has a beautiful floral scent, something that only a few people would be able to identify as Tulips. It was the first thing that all three boys noticed when walking up to the help desk. The soft pollinated smell, however, quickly transformed into something much more sour and burnt.

Dream wasn't annoyed, per se. But he was definitely exhausted from the hours of travelling. So when the woman broke the news that they had accidentally double booked two of their rooms, it was the final straw for Dream. He wasn't screaming at the girl by any means, but he was definitely hoping to get things done as efficiently as possible. That alone stressed the girl out, trying her best to check everyone in as fast as she could.

It was George, who first noticed that the young girl was seemingly the only person working the front desk. In fact, she was the only visible person that the boys could see on the entire ground floor. Trailing behind the boys was an ever growing queue that had gained another two families since they had been stood at the front desk. The longer they stood there complaining about the lack of rooms, the longer the line of customers trailed around the lobby.

Sapnap quickly picked up on George's bitter aroma, realising how overstimulated he must be feeling from the intenseness of the situation. He placed a hand on Dream's shoulder, an attempt to calm him down and realise how upset he was getting over a hotel room. The youngest boy smiled at the receptionist, making an effort to relieve the putrid smell of a wilted, decaying bouquet of flowers.

"Don't worry about the other rooms. You mentioned there's a room with two queens?"

The receptionist quickly nodded, looking slightly more relaxed with the suggestion and clicking away at her computer. Sapnap felt bad for the girl, she seemed to be under so much pressure, and he just wanted her to relax. Mainly because the smell of the lobby was burning his nostrils. But he understood how intense it is working in hospitality. People can be demanding and rude.

"Yes, sir. In fact, it's one of our bigger rooms in the building. It's on the second floor."

The young omega continued clicking away at her computer, making it visible that she really was trying to fix the problem.

"Okay, well, we'll take that room instead. And if a room becomes available, you can always let us know."

Sapnap glanced over at Dream, almost giving him side-eye and waiting for a negative reaction, but nothing came. He just grabbed his suitcase and attempted an apologetic look at the girl behind the counter.

She handed the boys their key cards and apologised again as the boys turned away, Sapnap giving her a gentle nod in response.

The smell of growing Tulips returned, and everyone in the room seemingly began to relax after the previously heightened senses died down. It was disgusting how fast one single distressed omega could affect an entire room of people. It was also kind of selfish that she decided not to wear a scent patch on one of the busiest days of the week. The anxiety was understandable, working in such a high-end hotel in the middle of the city. However, this job feels more suitable for someone more level headed like a beta. Not an emotional omega, or short tempered alpha.

The journey up to Room 58 seemed intense. It was understandable that Dream was frustrated. They all were! But he's also the most gentle and understanding out of the trio. This behaviour was unlike him, and both boys were thrown by his indignant outburst.