Chapter 9 - Lighthouse

Waking up without George's scent suffocating his senses was always a shitty way to wake up. Although Sapnap was no longer in rut, his need for George to be within a few metres of him was becoming obsessively unhealthy. In his own mind, he was protecting his omega and their pups. In his mind, his main responsibility was to care for George. Even more so now that he had officially experienced his first rut and was feeling the effects of every single potent alpha pheromone rushing through his entire body.

Sapnap sat up from his pillow, looking around the room and desperately searching for any signs of his omega, disappointment quickly taking over his thoughts when he was nowhere to be seen.

"Dream, wake up!" Sapnap yelled with a whispered tone and fear plastered across his face.

"What? What's up?" Dream groaned, not ready to attempt opening his eyes just yet, but actively listening to the boy's concerns.

"George isn't here Clay. What if-"

Sapnap stood from the bed, rushing over to the bathroom and scouring it like it wasn't one of the smallest rooms in the house.

"He's not here, where would he be? I need to go and-" Dream finally sat up on the bed, not particularly looking too phased by the lack of George's presence. It wasn't uncommon for George to be one of the first people to leave the bed in the mornings, especially with the unpredictable morning sickness waking him up at 5am.

His nesting over the week had progressively increased, making sure that every room had at least some sort of comfort available for him if he were to temporarily reside in one for whatever reason.

"Nick, you've gotta chill out a little, George isn't going to permanently be glued to your hip. You need to learn to give him some space, dude. He's most likely downstairs making breakfast and getting ready for the scan today."

Sapnap's eyes widened, completely forgetting about the weekly scans that George would be having until the pups were more born.

"Wait, fuck... That's today?"

Sapnap couldn't tell if he was more excited or nervous for today. The only time and place he had ever seen his pups was in the middle of his first rut, emotional and distracted, taking away the true emotion of how he actually felt about seeing this new life he helped create. From what he could remember, his emotions were all over the place, feeling excitement, yet guilt all at once. He was thankful for the reassurance though, considering he doubted whether or not George would be able to get pregnant by a newly transitioned alpha, even in the circumstances of mid rut.

Dreams' suspicions were right about Sapnap's first rut, if he could call it that.There was a very equal divide of both heat and rut symptoms pushing through the cracks, making it difficult to identify what Sapnap would be needing at each point. Did he need to fuck his thighs until he popped his knot between Dream legs, or did he need to be bent over and pushed into the mattress and be knotted.

His inner and body, although transitioned from omega to alpha, still wasn't as accepting of his new lifestyle. Sapnap's lucidity throughout the week came in and out in bursts, leaving him questioning where half of the week went and what actually happened. He remembers the strong emotion of George returning home and not being able to scent with him because of the stupid collar locked around his neck.

Being around another omega did encourage his body to react more to being an alpha though. Perhaps the confusion of being sexually active with another alpha was confusing his body, his inner omega wanting to push past everything his new body was fighting against.