Chapter 3: Redemption

It had been days since Dream and Sapnap had managed to get even centimetres from George. They expected him to leave his burrow to at least use the bathroom. But he never did... nothing in his body, seeing as he hadn't had a meal in over three days, and the boys were getting worried. They, too, had barely eaten anything. The only thing that was available was the umpteen amount of snacks that Sap had bought from the market on their first day.

But nothing in his bag seemed to interest George, gaining a hiss whenever the word food was mentioned and burying himself deeper into the mattress. He would very occasionally sit up to take a sip of water, wetting his dry, cracked lips and disappearing again without even a glance at the boys. Because although he was stubborn, he wasn't entirely stupid, knowing he needed water to survive.

Ha, survive. Something they're barely doing right now.

Just when they were ready to give up, George's body started to shuffle under the mess. It started off so subtly, but the boys had barely seen any movement for days and anything was visible with the boredom they had felt.

As minutes went by, the clothing and blankets were moving more obviously and shuffling across the entire bed. Both alphas' attention had peaked, glancing at each other in disbelief. George finally sat up, causing the blankets to fall in different directions and scatter further across the bed. The burrow that was so securely built had been lifted, and George could finally be seen looking more active. Both of the younger boys flinched, waiting for an unpredictable reaction and gritting their teeth. The smell released from George was absolutely putrid, intoxicating the Americans with his anxiety ridden scent. That's when they heard a yelp, quickly standing up to check if their omega was okay and panicking. The brunet's body had finally betrayed him, reaching its limits and flopping back onto the bed.

Dream and Sapnap share a quick glance, looking absolutely devastated with the state George was in. Sapnap quickly crawled to the omega's side where he was met with a weak hiss. "Oh baby..." He whispered, reaching forward to cup his face into his hands. "Baby I'm so sorry." The Texan brushed George's hair back to see the older boy's pale face, featured with dark purple bags resting under his eyes. Dream assessed the situation, figuring out if it was safe to crawl to the other side of George and finally moving to be near him. "Oh baby, you look... You look exhausted." Dream mumbled, holding onto George's side with as much care as he could offer. He whimpered at the touch, body trembling and flinching at the feeling.

Regardless of how much he had slept the last few days, he was absolutely exhausted, not just physically but mentally too. Through exhaustion and anxiety, he managed to relax into the younger boy's touch, sighing through a trembled breath. Dream ran his hand up and down the omega's hips in a soothing manner, trying to keep George as calm as he could.

For what was supposed to be a comforting touch, George managed to make it look like someone was slicing his skin open with razor blades, screwing his face up and whining in pain.

"S-stop" were the first words to leave George's mouth, shaking and unstable. "Hurts... bad."

Sapnap placed a hand over Dream's shoulder, sighing with a hint of sympathy. They were lost, not knowing how they could help him and feeling defeated.

George had a meeting in three days and he was a total mess. Hips bruised, skin a pale shade of grey, a burning fever, tear stained eyes and stubble the longest they had ever seen on George's face.

He was most definitely dehydrated, like an old flower that had been left on the windowsill without being watered for weeks. It didn't seem possible for someone to look like they had lost weight so fast, but for George, it was possible. Weak and fragile, needing to be handled with care like an expensive glass ornament. He's in no condition to be attending any meetings. Not unless a miracle was served to them in less than three days. He could barely speak, words being spoken in broken up sentences and whispered like he had run a marathon.