Chapter 8 - Somersaults and kicks

Spending the night with Larray was a strange experience for George. He felt cold, missing the warmth of his alphas' bodies either side of him, their strong scents being one of the only things keeping him grounded. The first night wasn't easy, tossing and turning, nuzzling into their clothes for the slightest hint of petrichor and cinnamon.

He missed them. God, he missed them.

It had barely been a day, and he missed their voices, and the way they would find every excuse to touch him. Not necessarily in a sexual way, but holding hands, stroking his arm up and down, wrapping their arms around his waist and nuzzling into his neck to breathe in his scent. It was the small things that mattered the most, and this deprivation was making him feel nauseous.

The thought of repacking his bags and ubering home in the middle of the night was dangerously tempting, but a random text from Dream stopped that train of thought straight away.

Dream💚: He's struggling, I don't know how he's going to get through this. I'm glad you aren't here though, George. I miss you so much, but while he's like this, your safest place is where you are. Get some sleep baby, I love you.

A cloud of guilt rained down on George, struggling to accept that he couldn't fix Sapnap, not this time at least. Dream was right about one thing - being at home with Sapnap, in the same house, was a dangerous game. He knew that the boy would never intentionally hurt him, but first ruts were so unpredictable. Sapnap had always been overly protective of George, mainly because omegas stuck together, but being an alpha reached a whole new level of protectiveness.

There were countless times where George had to remind Sapnap to give him space, that he was 'breathing too much of his air.' He was thankful that he had two loving alphas by his side, doing everything they could to care for him; to love him unconditionally.

Perhaps this time away from them could be beneficial? Maybe he would return to the house and not be bothered when they were slightly too close.

George and Larray had spent most of their first day catching up, Larray attempting to lure George out of his room and venture out to do activities that weren't him lazing in bed and crying over the fact he missed his alphas. The distraction was necessary, but the motivation was nonexistent.

"Larri, I can't leave the room. I can't. I can't stand the idea of some weirdo alpha looking at me and knowing I'm pregnant. I miss home. I miss Dream and Sapnap. I miss-"

Larray sighed, perching at the edge of his own bed and allowing George to let out the emotions that were holding him hostage.

"George, if anyone even sets foot near you, looks at you funny or speaks, you know damn well I will rip them a new asshole. For your own sanity, we need to get you up out of that nasty ass bed and relax a bit."

George's nose crinkled at the description of his nest being 'nasty'. Is that really how it looked to Larray? Gross? Smelly? Disgusting?

He sunk deeper into the mattress, scent slightly sour at the insult.

"Wait- George, I didn't mean you made a bad nest. But your scent! You're covering Sapnap and Dream's clothes with anxiety. I'm trying to help you, please, can you just trust me?"

He wanted to trust his friend. Any other time he would trust him with his life, allowing him to take lead in their friendship.

"I'll pay for pizza..." Larray sang, turning the idea into something more enticing to George. If there was a way to George's heart, it was offering a triple topped pepperoni pizza with red onion and extra mozzarella.