Chapter 2: The impossible

Dream woke up to the sound and feeling of George purring on his chest. He was happy and content in his arms, and just remembering why made his heart swell with pride. His inner swirling at the thought of his omega. 'His omega?'

The day before was eventful, to say the least. Travelling to another country, falling 'ill' within the space of a few hours of arriving, and then George going into heat. The word eventful is an understatement. But this whole situation was a bit of a mess, considering they were in a hotel room, in the middle of somewhere they weren't familiar with and around strangers who were walking past the door every five minutes.

Dream opened his eyes, and saw Sapnap already awake. Had he even slept?

"Morning..." Dream spoke in a whisper, careful not to wake up the ticking time bomb connected to his chest.

"Hey, did you sleep okay?" Sapnap whispers back, trying not to move his body too much.

"I... Slept. I didn't?-" Dream looked concerned for a moment, anticipation building at the thought of what Sapnap might say next. "No, you didn't ask for it again... You both slept the entire night, weirdly..." The bags under Sapnap's eyes reminded Dream of panda patches, dull and deep. "You don't look like you slept at all."

Sapnap simply nodded, confessing but not upset. "I just need you both to be safe. I don't want you making a decision that you'll regret in a few days."

He had a point. If Dream had marked George last night, in the exact spot that would mate him, they would become mates for life. Before this holiday, the trio had never expressed romantic feelings for each other in any way. In fact, they believed that Dream was the straightest alpha possible, looking for a female omega to be with. So for him to be giving George the horny eyes yesterday was a shock to the two. Perhaps he's not straight, and never felt comfortable enough to come out to the boys. The fear of judgement or ridicule.

Sure, George and Sapnap were omegas who should crave an alpha, but that was never something that was on Sapnap's agenda. Smelling the alpha in rut at their home back in Florida, although smelt enticing... It made him feel sick to crave it.

George however, would sniff around his bedroom until his lockdown was over, finding excuses to join him. But that didn't mean he was romantically interested in Dream, it was just his inner's way of taking over his natural instincts. George would feel embarrassed once Dream was lucid again, avoiding him and trying his best to forget about his neediness in that moment of vulnerability.

And Sapnap had seen this too many times before. He knew that if he had let the two do whatever they wanted tomorrow, Dream would mark George, and George would come around in a few days distraught that he let it happen. He wasn't ready to be hated by his best friends. Not when, the reason they were even abroad, was to renew George's visa to stay long-term in the States. He felt like the peacekeeper, and it was exhausting. He wondered how he would cope with this for another few days.

George yawned, stretching his body out and sending a gentle quiver down his legs. He let out a soft rumble from his chest, vibrating through to Dreams. He could feel someone's arm wrapped around his waist, and come to think of it, he was asleep ON someone. He panicked, opening his eyes and looking up. As soon as he realised it was the alpha, his face softened and he snuggled back down, purring and tucking himself deeper into his side. He tapped his arm behind him, gently trying to locate where Sapnap was, to pull him in closer.

"I'm here, Georgie, I'm coming," he quickly whispered, shuffling closer to contour his body behind George's. He expected Dream to get jealous, but instead, he smiled. He looked like he was scheming. Like he was thinking of the next thing he wanted to say. Sapnap shook his head, and warned him to wait. Knowing exactly what his thought process was.