Chapter 6: Inners, suspicions and truths

"George, George you need to wake up!"

Two pairs of eyes filled with fear and sadness were watching over George. Sweat beading from his entire body, feeling hot to touch but freezing cold to the core. He felt like red fire ants were running rampant on his skin, making it hard for him to take a moment to breathe and causing him to scratch his skin aggressively.

"What... What happened? I feel," George paused, wiping the back of his hand across his forehead and removing the disgusting damp feeling that lingered. The pain on his skin started to subside, and his breathing slowed down to a tolerable rhythm.

"George, what the fuck happened? We were asleep, and then you just started, I dunno? Like screaming? You were flapping your arms at us while we were trying to help, but- It was like you were having some sort of panic attack-" Sapnap sat himself back onto the bed, legs crossed together and a hand trailing through his messy hair.

"George, can I ask you something?" Dream whispered, placing his hand on top of George's. The boy just nodded, still controlling his breathing and calming himself down.

"You said- well, amongst the screaming, and crying... You were saying ' not to take them .' I'm not sure if you even know what that means, but I think that you need to see someone. You know, you've been through so much recently and-" George held his hand up to Dream, closing his eyes and sighing.

George laid back onto the bed, knowing exactly what Dream was talking about, but there was no way that this was about to be a pregnancy announcement. Not when he wasn't even one hundred percent sure he was pregnant yet. I mean, it was pretty likely that he was. How often are these hormone level blood tests wrong? And it definitely made sense, given the circumstances. But hearing Dream repeat the words from one of his most vulnerable moments, crying about pups that he wasn't even sure were there yet, it made him realise how attached he was to the pregnancy and the idea of pups.

"I have no idea what that means... Maybe it's post heat nightmares, I dunno. I don't even want to think about it right now. Can we just try and go back to sleep?"

Dream and Sapnap reluctantly nodded, shuffling down into the mattress and pushing themselves closer to George. "We got you, okay? You're safe..."

Hearing the words come straight from Dreams mouth in that moment, was one of the most reassuring and perfectly timed things he could wish for.

"I know, thank you..."

How could George sleep now? Knowing that he could wake up again, potentially spilling information that he was trying so hard to keep a secret. Not trying to be dishonest to his alphas, but for his own sanity; to make a life changing decision without the influence of not one, but two alphas. Especially Dream, a born and raised alpha whose natural desires and instincts are to breed an omega.

George knew Dream, and he knew that he only ever had good intentions with George, but naturally Dream will always get excited at the idea of pups. Sapnap's new hormones will eventually kick in, and his inner will take over the majority of his thought process until he learns to manage them himself.

George was half tempted to run away and escape the feeling of impending doom that was slowly creeping up, but he also hated the idea of having to leave his nest behind again, not wanting to be separated from one of his rare comforts in the house. He needed somewhere familiar. But he couldn't leave the alphas, not when the idea of sleeping without them brought him so much anxiety.

He had just spent over a week in a hotel with nothing but a blue blanket that was bought the very first day he arrived, smelling nothing like home and no nest to find comfort in. The thought of peeling himself from the current one he was in made his scent reek with despair.