|| 8 Into the night ||

Comment and vote

Comment and vote

Like and share

Sai Pov :

'We are going to stop here' He said. Snapping me back to reality, from the beautiful voice of his. He pulled me towards him and drop me over the ground from his horse.

'Sai'

'hmm' I hummed

'Stay here, don't go anywhere it's dangerous. I will make arrangements for our stay.'

'Ok' I said

'Here' he said while his hand went for sward in his waistband. He pulled out the sward and forwarded towards me.

'umm,' I said unable to process what was happening in front of me.

Sward his sward, HIS LAGENDARY SWARD. All I want is to scream at the top of my lungs. This is your, your legendary sward. how could give this to just anyone? Someone you just met, Someone whom you don't know.

'I know you are capable of protecting yourself, Protect yourself with this for now. I will also give you sward when we reach the kingdom.'

'How could I? This is your precious sward.' I hesitated.

'Because I want to.'

Just because of that, you are giving your sward. Is it because I received her name? I don't know why my blood started to boil with anger. I clenched my fist on both sides of the dress.

'But I refuse to take it, just gave me someone else or any spare sward. having this sward with you is far more important than having it with me. ' I declared with determination.

'Ok,' he said while studying my face. He put back his sword in his waistband and asked for another sword from the soldiers.

'Here' He said while forwarding the sward

I took a step closer to him and took Sward from his hand.

'Stay here' He said while departing from there.

'Yes, I will.'

I sat over a big rock which was 10 feet away from the people who were making tents while Sward given by him is on my lap. I glance down toward Sward there are millions of questions inside my mind but I ignore them. I look towards people, They give their 100 percent while making a tent for their beloved king, anyone can spot happiness on their faces while doing work for their king, and why not their king is brave but also kind, loyal to their people, who always put them first.

Well, there he is, instructing each and every individual work. Dividing trupes into two. First, to watch over the area where we staying and protect it from unknown enemies and wild animals. second, to build a tent and bring essentials.

Sun was setting down, making sky personal canvas for his painting, decorating the light blue sky with reddish-orange color. Nature always knows how to make beautiful paintings. my gazing again falls over them while they are busy working on their task.

Our eyes meet, I withdraw my gaze first and look at something else. Whenever our eyes meet it always ignites an unknown spark within me.

Sun is setting consuming the world into darkness around me. Mashals (Light sticks) are lit everywhere in the tent. People are doing their work of patrolling, some are enjoying themselves beside the bonfire. The sound of laughter echoes from time to time. I got up from the rock. A cold breeze was blowing and I found myself in front of a bonfire. making myself comfortable, I glanced towards the night sky, full of shining stars and a beautiful moon which I forgot to look back on in my era, So many days maybe, but I found this movement peaceful. Well how sweet is the concept between moon and start, that they require each other to shine brightly? Without one other is nothing.

'What are you doing?' A voice is spoken and I don't need to glance back to recognize it. I know, more ever my heart knows.

'Nothing much, just enjoying the night view.' I said while glancing at him.

'hmm,' he said coming towards me and wrapping me in a comfy blanket to keep me warm.

'Keep this or else you will catch a cold ok.' he said while sitting beside me. I don't know about the warmth provided by the blanket but I was touched by the warmth of his action.

We sat there for some time without talking and glancing at the night sky.

'Isn't it beautiful?' I said

'hmm it is' he replied looking at me.

'moon and stars look beautiful when they are together.'

'Indeed. without his star moon is nothing.'

'Do you like a night sky?' He asked.

'Maybe. but for sure I am looking at it after so many days and it seems peaceful.' I said

'What about you?' I added

'I do like it.'

'Why are you looking so sad, Sai?' He asked.

'I miss my family but I am not sad'

'You know I think night sky know how to intensify your feelings.' I said

again we sat there in silence.

'Have you eaten?' He asked suddenly.

'No' I replied.

'Why?'

'Just I don't feel like eating. Plus I don't know where is the food'

'you should have asked someone if you don't know.' He said looking into my eyes.

'They all are busy so I don't want to bother them' I said breaking eye contact and gazing at the night sky.

'hmm, Then let's go.' He said while lifting himself from his place.

'where?' I asked twisting my neck upward towards him with a confused look.

'To eat dinner. I also happen to not eat anything. So let's eat together.' He replied.

'No, I am ok.' I replied but suddenly my stomach started to growl making me embarrassed.

'Haha...', ' Maybe you don't but your stomach does want to eat something.' he said in his sweet

and concerning voice, looking towards me with a soft gaze and sweet smile melting my heart with his smile.

'then?' he said

'yes' I replied

He stretched his hand towards me and I took it without hesitation, Like it was so natural, Like he was not a king but a common man, I am from his era.

Gripping my hand he pulled me upward,

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

How do you feel about this emotional conversation and cute interaction between them? I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Thanks for your appreciation as it always motivates me to write more enthusiastically.

Like, comment, share and vote

Lots of love from me