Knowing His Name.

This book is about knowing God. To know someone, the first thing you should have knowledge of is their name. Names are important to identify people. A lot of people are shown respect just by the mention of their name. For example, if a celebrity and an unpopular person walk into a room, the mention of the celebrity's name will gain respect from the people present while the unpopular person would probably be ignored. That celebrity's name is recognized by most and has importance, hence it's bound to command respect. If a person's name could make people bow at their feet, then how about the King of Kings? The Name above every other names?

God's name is powerful and can be used in every situation. Knowing and understanding His name is important.  It'll make you confident with the fact that you don't serve an ordinary person... Or a person at all. No, you serve a God whose name alone makes every being bow! Whose name alone heals the sick, saves souls.
I'll make a list of some of the names of God. God, The Father; God, The Son; God, The Holy Spirit.

Names Of God And Meaning.

1. Abba: Father. When you call Him Abba, you're calling Him your Father. Rest in the confidence that you have a Father who is greater than any earthly father. Who can do much more than an earthly father would. If your earthly father could provide for your every need, how much more will Abba provide for you? For this reason, you need not worry, just cast your cares on your Abba. Treat Him like a Father, and you'll have joy in being His child.
2. Emmanuel: God With Us. I love this! God With Us. This name is given to Jesus, our savior. When the prophets prophesied of His coming, this is the beautiful name He was called. It means God is with us. And He really is. God, our Father has always been with us since the beginning of time. He was with Adam and Eve, with the Israelites as a pillar of cloud during the day and a pillar of fire in the night...
Exodus 13:21.
[21]During the day the Lord went in front of them in a pillar of cloud to show them the way, and during the night he went in front of them in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel night and day.
And so on. Then God the Son, our Messiah, came in human form to die for us. He was present with us because He loves us.
John 3:16
[16]For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life.
Then, God the Spirit, my Best Friend, our Comforter, our own Gift from God, was sent to be with us. The Holy Spirit is always with us. He's here to guide us in the right path, to teach and convict us of His word. Of the gospel of Christ. We have no greater teacher but God, that's why it's possible to find God on your own, because the Holy Spirit is the only one that convicts is of God's word.
John 15:26
[26]“The Helper will come — the Spirit, who reveals the truth about God and who comes from the Father. I will send him to you from the Father, and he will speak about me.

Now that we know that God truly is with us, be confident and depend on Him for everything. Especially for understanding of His word. Unfortunately, there are so many false prophets which is why the Bible says to 'test all spirits'. This means you shouldn't believe everyone that calls the name of the Lord. Pray and check the Word to know who speaks the truth about God. If unfortunately, you don't have the opportunity of meeting people who speak the truth and want to truly find God, pray, believe and receive. After all, Paul didn't go to anyone to know about God yet he was convicted by God.
Galatians 1:12,15-17.
[12]I did not receive it from any human being, nor did anyone teach it to me. It was Jesus Christ himself who revealed it to me.
[15]But God in his grace chose me even before I was born, and called me to serve him. And when he decided
[16]to reveal his Son to me, so that I might preach the Good News about him to the Gentiles, I did not go to anyone for advice,
[17]nor did I go to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before me. Instead, I went at once to Arabia, and then I returned to Damascus.
To those who truly seek God, they will find Him.
3. Jehovah Jireh: The Lord Will Provide. Do I even need to expatiate on this? Jireh has always provided since the beginning of time and He's still providing.
He provided for the humans He made first...
Genesis 1:29
[29]I have provided all kinds of grain and all kinds of fruit for you to eat;
He says to seek His Kingdom first because He'll definitely provide what you need. He says we are greater than the animals. Above everything our God created, He placed us first. Above animal, angels, the enemy. If the animals eat, if the plants grow freely, then how much more will He provide for you? Have faith in Him. Don't fret child of God. The greatest of all lives you.
Matthew 6:33
[33]Instead, be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God and with what he requires of you, and he will provide you with all these other things.
So, call His names with meaning. When you call Him 'Jireh', believe He provides. When you call Him 'Abba', acknowledge Him as your Father. Don't call His name in vain. Call His name and mean it. Believe.

***
I'll stop here for now because the chapter's already too long. But I'll try to give more names of God in another chapter.

For those who want to know the Bible Versions I use, it's GNB most times and AMP sometimes. I actually just started using AMP just to try out a different version.