What God Promises.

What are the words of God? When God speaks, great things happen. It's nothing compared to when a human speaks. He commanded the light into existence to brighten the day. With His words, miracles upon miracles happen. Reflect on this as we dive into the unfailing, unquestionable words, promises of God.

Firstly, I'll point out promises already fulfilled by God, then I'll point out promises that will be fulfilled by God because He doesn't lie.

1. Jesus And The Gift Of The Holy Spirit: Acts 2:29-33:
[29]"My fellow-Israelites, I must speak to you plainly about our famous ancestor King David. He died and was buried, and his grave is here with us to this very day.
[30]He was a prophet, and he knew what God had promised him: God had made a vow that he would make one of David's descendants a king, just as David was.
[31]David saw what God was going to do in the future, and so he spoke about the resurrection of the Messiah when he said: 'He was not abandoned in the world of the dead; his body did not rot in the grave.'
[32]God has raised this very Jesus from death, and we are all witnesses to this fact.
[33]He has been raised to the right-hand side of God, his Father, and has received from him the Holy Spirit, as he had promised. What you now see and hear is his gift that he has poured out on us.

God's plan from the beginning. His amazing promise to set us free. God promised that a savior would be born. His name is Immanuel. He promised that death would not hold Him captive and that the Holy Spirit would be poured out on all who believe.
John 7:39
[39]Jesus said this about the Spirit, which those who believed in him were going to receive. At that time the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not been raised to glory.
Ephesians 1:12-14
[12]Let us, then, who were the first to hope in Christ, praise God's glory!
[13]And you also became God's people when you heard the true message, the Good News that brought you salvation. You believed in Christ, and God put his stamp of ownership on you by giving you the Holy Spirit he had promised.
[14]The Spirit is the guarantee that we shall receive what God has promised his people, and this assures us that God will give complete freedom to those who are his. Let us praise his glory!
The point is, this is a promise of God that has already been fulfilled. He didn't fail and he never will.

2. He Won't Leave You: Hebrews 13:5-6
[5]Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never leave you; I will never abandon you."
[6]Let us be bold, then, and say: "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?"
It is written 'I will never leave you'. So let us be bold and rejoice in our faith. I've learnt that without faith, no man can please God. It doesn't matter if you're the most generous person or that you work the hardest in your church. You have to have faith, you have to believe, engage and receive. There is power in your faith. This particular word of God should be embedded in our hearts. Now, who won't He leave? This chapter in Hebrews talks about pleasing God and is directed to those in Christ or those that will be in Christ. What I mean is, children of God. Those who are already and those who will be children of God. It is a promise of God that He won't leave His children. He will never leave them, they just have to believe. Note that this promise is not to encourage anyone to sin but to strengthen God's children in their faith and eliminate fear.

3. Eternal life:
1 John 2:25
[25]And this is what Christ himself promised to give us - eternal life.
It will happen exactly as it is written. Jesus died to put us right with God. Those who believe in Him and abide in Him will have eternal life. Those who live Him by obeying Him and having faith in Him are promised eternal life. It is written in the Bible that no man shall please God without faith. Mark this and take it seriously. You can do all the works in the world for God, but without believing in Him or having faith, you cannot please God. Honestly, this is something I'm still working on. When I actually understood this verse, I realized that I had a lot to work on. Live by faith, not by sight. Faith to see beyond what you can see. Faith that His words and true, that He'll never leave His children although we may not feel it sometimes. Let's not live based on our feelings or sight. Let's live by faith and abide in Him. Ask and you shall be given. I pray Lord that you will help us all to have faith in You, in Your word, in Your promises. In Jesus' name, amen.
2 Peter 3:13
[13]But we wait for what God has promised: new heavens and a new earth, where righteousness will be at home.

4. He Will Forgive Us: 1 John 1:9
[9]But if we confess our sins to God, he will keep his promise and do what is right: he will forgive us our sins and purify us from all our wrongdoing.
The thing about this verse is you actually have to believe in it. We abide in God, but sometimes our weaknesses overcome us. We feel guilty for doing the wrong thing and ask for forgiveness. Sometimes we even beg. The thing is, sometimes, although we ask and beg for forgiveness, we don't believe we're actually forgiven because of the guilt we feel. Sometimes, we wonder if God really will forgive us. Sometimes, we end up not forgiving ourselves because of our guilt. Now, God is saying He forgives sins. He knows everything about us and He says He will do what is right if we confess our sins to Him, if we repent of our sins. I encourage you to not be afraid to tell God that you've made a mistake and are ready to repent. I encourage you to pray for faith, faith to believe His words that says He'll forgive us. I encourage you to let go of that guilt, forgive yourself and move on. Finally, I encourage you to be careful what you think, say or do in order to avoid sinning.

*

**
God is to be trusted, the God who called you to have fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ, our Lord.

‭Philippians 4:8 AMP‬
[8] Finally, believers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable and worthy of respect, whatever is right and confirmed by God's word, whatever is pure and wholesome, whatever is lovely and brings peace, whatever is admirable and of good repute; if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think continually on these things [center your mind on them, and implant them in your heart].

Next up: What God Does Not Promise.