What He Likes(What He Expects From You.)

As a child of God, as one in the relationship with Him, there are things expected from you. God likes for His children to be a light to the world. That is, you're representing Christ. So, technically, these things I'll list are also attributes of our God. God is pleased when His children want to emulate Him, His perfect nature(Matthew 5:48). Jesus is the perfect role model. While we try to be like Him, we shouldn't judge or condemn ourselves when we fail or fall sometimes. I've learnt that the important thing is not giving up. Sometimes, we'll make mistakes or sin, that's why we should always repent. Ask for forgiveness, pray for change and act on it. Do all these with faith. Let's not give up. God sees our hearts.

It's time for all of us to know what God expects from us in order for us to learn how to please Him. I pray for Your conviction, Holy Spirit.

What God Likes:

1. Forgiveness(Matthew 18: 21 - 35): This is a very important point because it seems a lot of people lack it. In the above verse, Peter asked Jesus how many times he was expected to forgive his brother, and Jesus told a parable: A King found out that his servant owed him millions of pounds. Since the servant could not afford to pay the debt, the King ordered him to be sold, along with his family but the servant's plea for mercy touched the King. The King, feeling sorry for him, forgave(cancelled) all his debt, and let him go. This servant met with his fellow servant who owed him a few pounds and demanded immediate payment. The fellow servant pleaded for time, but the funny thing is, this servant who was forgiven threw his fellow servant in jail with the intention of releasing him only when the debt was paid. The King obviously found out and was very angry. To finish off...
Matthew 18:32-35
[32]So he called the servant in. 'You worthless slave!' he said. 'I forgave you the whole amount you owed me, just because you asked me to.
[33]You should have had mercy on your fellow-servant, just as I had mercy on you.'
[34]The king was very angry, and he sent the servant to jail to be punished until he should pay back the whole amount."
[35]And Jesus concluded, "That is how my Father in heaven will treat every one of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

Sadly, that's how a lot of people act today. Even those who have knowledge of Christ, those who claim to be Christians. Imagine feeling horrible for doing something so wrong. You'd seek for forgiveness, you'd seek for peace. I know forgiveness makes people feel more at peace, and a lot of people need that. So, you sin, feel horrible, ask for forgiveness from God and feel peaceful when you're forgiven. Then, you, the same person who knows how it feels when you're wrong or guilty refuse to forgive another. You refuse to rid the person of that guilt by holding grudges. Most times, people need to know they're forgiven. They want to let go of that guilt and start afresh. God doesn't support or like an unforgiving trait. If the Almighty God can forgive your sins, free you of your guilt and grant you a fresh start, then who are you to hold grudges? What is stopping you from letting go? It's hard sometimes, no doubt. Especially when the person you want to forgive is unrepentant, but it's really the best for you. Also, God will be pleased with you. Forgiveness is a chance to let go and start afresh for both parties - the one who forgives and the one who is forgiven. Just truly letting go. It removes some weight or burden from you. This is what God expects from you. When it gets tough to forgive, pray for strength or courage to let go. Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin. Try to forgive and forget. Try to let go. Remember that God has forgiven your mistakes. He has granted you that peace that comes with forgiveness. So, mortal man, hard as it may seem, forgive your brother. Forgive yourself too.

2. Faith: Hebrews 11:6
[6]No one can please God without faith, for whoever comes to God must have faith that God exists and rewards those who seek him.
Someone once said, 'when it comes to believing someone, it's either all or nothing'. You can't say you believe in God if you have even a bit of doubt of His existence. This is why faith is so important in the life of a believer. Your faith pleases God(Hebrews 11:6). As the light of Christ to the world, you need to completely have faith in Him. It's important in order to encourage others too to believe in Christ. If you feel sometimes that you lack faith, do not be afraid to ask God to strengthen your faith in Him(Mark 9:24). He sees us all and is willing to help us in our weakness. Hebrews 11:1
[1]To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see. Jesus says that anything is possible for the person who has faith (Mark 9:23). Our life should always be a matter of faith, not by sight(2 Cor 5:7). We shouldn't depend on our knowledge or understanding but on God's promises. Trust God with everything, in all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path(Proverbs 3: 5-6). This is what God expects from us.

3. Love(Matthew 22:37-39):
[37]Jesus answered, " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
[38]This is the greatest and the most important commandment.
[39]The second most important commandment is like it: 'Love your neighbour as you love yourself.'

The third and perfect point to end this chapter. It's the perfect point to end this chapter because love covers all. That is, love contains a lot of characters needed to please God. Patience, kindness, righteousness, forgiveness... all these and more are contained in the Godly type of love. God expects us to love our fellow humans just like He loved us first(1 John 4:19). Love not only your friends, but those who hate you. God showed His love for us by sending Jesus to die while we were still His enemies, in order to bring us close to Him(Romans 5:8). Everything God expects us to do, He did first. He loved us while we were sinners and He expects you to do the same for others. As Christ loves you, love others too - your friends and your enemies. If God didn't love us, there would be no hope for us. We would not have had the chance to be His friends and love Him too. If it seems hard for you to live sometimes, pray to the Holy Spirit. Study the Word and learn from Him because He's the perfect example. Look for reasons to love others, if you must. A reason I love everyone is because they look like God. He created us in His image, so when I look at a human, it's like seeing God. The point is, as a Christian, a light to the world, show everyone the love of Christ.
1 Peter 4:8
[8]Above everything, love one another earnestly, because love covers over many sins.

***
Some of these virtues are not considered important, they are often overlooked. They are very important.

Always try to improve on yourself. Always pray to love others.