37

I swear to god I start these stories and then leave about 1-4 years in between that the genre/plot becomes a trend. I'm NOT SAYING that people copy me but hey...if the shoe fits ;) but look no one to blame myself. I start it, they finish it. Gotta be quick i guess...

Gabriel followed me, as I made my way through the maze of shops. The deeper we got into the alley ways, the louder and more chaotic things were getting. Thankfully, Gabriel was tall enough that I could still spot his bobbing head as he aimlessly looked around.

So far, the souvenir count was 0. I hadn't found one single thing to get Kyle. It wasn't like Kyle was easy to get stuff for either. He was super picky, and it probably had something to do with his line of work, he couldn't carry and hoard as many things as maybe he wanted to.

"You haven't bought anything," Gabriels voice reminded me, for probably the tenth time.

"I'm trying, I really am," I muttered as I walked past another shop. Inside were beautiful handmade crockery items, again, not for Kyle. Perhaps if I had a bigger house I would love all these handmade ceramic items to be littered in my shelves and pantry.

I reached to touch one, it was so light weight it was almost like holding a feather.

"That's not to eat on."

Oh, I placed it back.

"What is it for then?" I asked as I moved down the cobble lane way carefully, trying not to let my ankle roll in the big gaps.

"Breaking."

Oh right I have heard about those plates. No wonder they felt so lightweight.

"Careful-," Gabriel's arm jotted out hovering by my side, as I almost slipped on a wet cobblestone, but luckily I had regained my balance.

"Geez, why is this place so dirty."

"Lot more people around here, and no one cleans up after themselves," Gabriel stated like it was common knowledge. Even if he didn't say it was common knowledge, the expression on his face did.

"Tourists?" I asked.

Gabriel shrugged, "Probably a bit of both, Athens is worse."

Gabriel overtook me with ease, not even bothering to look down at what he could possible be stepping on. He was definitely a more seasoned visitor than I was. He walked down a few more stalls before he came to a stop.

"Try in here."

It took me a solid minute to catch up with his long legs and I peered into the stall.

"Magnets?" I asked.

"And postcards, table covers, napkins-," Gabriel waved his hand around. I guess this was the most tourist shop was had come across so far. I picked up a few magnets that were the outline of Greece.

"I don't think Kyle will like these."

Besides, I didn't even know if he had a fridge he could stick them on.

"Just get what you want and you can always offer him something later."

"Well, I guess I do have a fridge," I joked, but looking at his face, it looked like he didn't get it.

"What?" Gabriel asked. I waved a hand, there was no point explaining to him that you needed a fridge for a magnet, or something that it could stick onto. I rummaged through the pile finding a few more I could give to some friends.

"Why don't you get that olive platter?" Gabriel suggested, his hand coming over my shoulder pointing in the distance.

I looked over to where Gabriel was pointing to. It was so far deep into the stall I was surprised he could see it. I placed the magnets all on the counter and reached for the olive plate. It was shaped like a giant olive with the middle being separated for I assume the pips.