22

"My head hurts."

"From talking too much last night? Would make sense," a grumpy and sleep deprived Gabriel muttered.

I huffed as I looked up at him. He was sitting on his normal spot on the balcony, eyes semi closed as he slouched in his chair. 

"No one told you to babysit me all night."

"Well actually they did, but it should have been Fern because we wouldn't have been in this situation if it wasn't for you, idiot."

Gabriel opened his eyes and turned to look at a sheepish Fern who was trying to avoid both of us. He shrugged throwing his hands up.

"I said I was sorry!"

"Sorry doesn't make up for the fact that I can never eat ice-cream from a cone because of you," I pointed out. I would have stayed toothless if I knew this fact beforehand. I could never eat an apple whole again! Even though I didn't like apples...but they didn't know that because I was going to milk it for everything Fern could offer. 

I narrowed my eyes at him, but even doing that made my entire head hurt. The pain started around my jawline, extending to my cheeks and higher till my entire scalp felt like it was throbbing. The pain killers just weren't working and according to Gabriel I looked like a puffer fish when I woke up, swollen from the surgery. 

"When can I eat food again? I'm starving," I muttered reaching for the ice pack on the table and shoving it against my cheek, and regretted it instantly when I felt a pang in my mouth. 

Gabriel grunted, a weird noise coming from him, as he sat up straighter.

"Can you get her some shitty soup to shut up her whining. She's annoying when she's angry"

I looked at Gabriel who definitley had enough of my whining, I mean I didn't blame him, I did start it quite early at 6 a.m. when he was having a hot cup of coffee and I pointed out that it was plain rude to drink it near me since I couldn't have it that hot. 

Fern cleared his throat looking between us before reaching into his pocket.

"So uh, do you want to wear the memorable ring?" 

"Do I have to? Do I have a choice?" I asked as I stared at the new enemy. Anything that prohibited me from eating ice-cream from a cone was going to be my enemy.

"Well...it would help if you did wear it for a while," Fern said extending his hand.

I sighed grabbing the ring of him, surprisingly light weight for a rock so big, "How much did this ring cost?" I asked looking at the stone on the end.

Fern shrugged, "I got the environmentally safe option, they're created in a lab so cheaper. I thought it's not a real wedding so why waste money on a real ring right?"

"Good, stop wasting my money," Gabriel said as he closed his eyes again, raising his fingers to massage his temple.

I guess I wasn't the only one getting a headache. Well he got me into this mess, sort of, so he could embrace a headache as well.

"Fine," I said as I slipped on the ring, surprisingly a good fit. 

"Feels weird," I said as I wriggled my fingers, a foreign object intruding the free space around my fingers.

"It's alright good practice to get used to it," Fern pointed out.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Haven't you been with your boyfriend for a while now? He'll probably propose soon."