Chapter 7

Full chap 7 finally here! Make sure to vote and comment

After twenty hours of travelling, with absolutely no information, I was getting cranky. We had gone from car to plane to car, with Richard and Gabriel locked up in their private room talking, leaving me, hungry, staring out the plane window.

The good thing was that the plane was very comfortable and I had slept for most of those twenty hours, but I had woken up cranky, and irritated with a massive migraine. From there, we went into another car which had another hour drive to something that looked like a palace.

Apparently it was a hotel, yet I had not seen any other guests. 

Did Gabriel book it all out? I wouldn't be surprised if he did. It must be a big contract he wanted if he decided to fly here in a few hours. I wonder why Fern was still not joining us, perhaps he was coming later? How come he got out of it, and I couldn't.

"This is your room," a worker showed me, helping me carry my minimal bags up as I had not been given the chance I deserve to pack all my work clothes. I entered into the room, the hotel worker placing all the stuff on the bed and walking out. 

I looked out the window at the ocean, it was a stunning view I had to give it that. All I knew was that we were somewhere in Attica, near the port region. 

I looked around the big room, there was so much space here that was empty, but I guess hotels do have minimal space. I look at the big bed, and whilst I did sleep for such a long time on the plane, the mattress was such beckoning at me.

It was just as comfortable as I expected, I wasn't going to nap, I was starving I was going to order room service instead. 

I grabbed my bag pulling out some pyjamas to change into. It was nine p.m. in Greece, surely it was okay for me to order room service and sleep, seeing that Gabriel was paying I was going to buy an extra large side of chips since he's such a pain. Well...I feel a bit bad maybe I'll just get regular. 

I opened the doors to the veranda, so a nice cold breeze came into my room. It was so hot and stuffy, hopefully this would cool it down. 

Grabbing my clothes I headed towards the attached ensure. Stepping inside, it was even hotter and stuffed in here. 

"Gosh." I muttered as I hung up my clothes on the railing and grabbed the towel.

Why was this towel wet?

"Jesus Aurora what the hell!"

I screamed hearing the voice, turning behind me to see Gabriel standing at the basin.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I averted my eyes at my half naked boss "Why are you in my bathroom!"

I didn't need to wait long to realise as there was another door on the other side that was open. No wonder it was hot, he didn't turn on the fan to let out the hot steam. He went back to shaving his stubble ignoring me.

I cleared my throat. "Sorry."

"Knock before you come in. Your ensuite attachment is the other door." he said. There was another door in my room?

"Sorry." I rushed out before he could ask me twice. Sure enough there was another door in my room. Why were there two ensuite to one room, how confusing.

I walked over to the other one, putting my ear to the door, what if this was Richard's ensuite as well. Gosh I would be even more mortified if I walked in on Richard shaving. 

Why were all these rooms attached?

I knocked on the door, "Hello?" I whispered. There was no answer. I turned the knob looking into the dark room and turned on the light. Sure enough, there was another bathroom.

"Oi."

I looked over my shoulder, Gabriel was in my room, at least now he had a shirt on.

"What? Don't you know how to knock?" I retorted back at him standing up realising this time I really did look like a peeping tom.

Gabriel narrowed his eyes at me, flinging stuff into my room and turned around slamming the door, and no doubt I heard a series of locks click in.

I looked at the ground, at my pyjamas staring at me, including my Micky mouse underwear.

Great.

* * * 

"What do you mean there is no room service?" I asked.

I heard the dial tone, which meant someone just hung up on me. For a five star looking hotel, the staff sure were rude. 

I kicked off my blanket, I'll head down and speak to reception myself. Grabbing my coat, I threw it on top of my pyjamas and slipped my shoes back on. 

I don't know what was longer, my stomach grumbling or me marching down the endless stairs. Wait, where was the elevator. God damn why were there so many corridors here. 

I headed down the stairs, now softer than before looking at the little light that there was. Do hotels not keep the lights on twenty four hours a day? I guess it was better than the environment. 

I placed one hand on the wall, tracing my fingers against the exquisite wallpaper. It was like velvet, what crazy person has velvet on their walls. I leaned in looking at the wall, was this really velvet?

"What are you doing?"

I jumped turning around to see Gabriel looking over his shoulder at me. He was perched on the couch, sitting in practically darkness, the only light from his dimmed iPad. Was he working at this time? No doubt. 

"What are you doing?" I asked straightening up and placing my hands in my coat.

Gabriel turned around going back to his iPad and I walked over, standing behind the couch. He was reading something, more contracts?

"Is that a business contract?"

"No."

"Are you reading a book?"

"Go away please." he said sliding a finger on the iPad to get to the next page. I leaned closer, the iPad went black.

The damned man locked it.

"Okay fine." I said raising my hands in defence as he turned around to look at me.

"Why are you walking around the house, go back to sleep."

House? Does he mean Hotel?

"I'm hungry. Apparently there is no room service here. I haven't eaten in twenty hours you know."

"You ate on the plane."

"Fruit doesn't count." I pointed out. Nor do the peanuts they had, they were addictive.

Gabriel stood up running hand over face, he looked tired, perhaps he should take his own advice and sleep.

"Kitchens this way." he started walking in a direction and I stared at his back.

Are we allowed to go into the staff's kitchen? My stomach grumbled, oh well. I rushed to follow him. 

This story is on Inkitt and Wattpad. I no longer use Radish.

Insta: Imsooverpolice (Personal) or Nkpockett (Author). DM me how you are all coping with lockdown b/c  i am losing it...