3

I knew it, I knew I shouldn't have sent that private email from my work email, and I knew how much Gabriel hated it when his workers used working time to do other things. He must somehow found out that I sent an email to my sister during work times.   

He must be reading my emails, wait, was that even legal? Crap, it probably was after all it's a company email. But I had to reply to her or else she was going to start stressing, Chloe always stressed over everything if I didn't send it, she would start ringing. I was definitely not going to take a private call during work so an email was better, less time. 

God damn it Rory, why couldn't you  have gone to the toilet and texted her instead, because he keeps track on how many times you get out of your seat.

"I don't want to tell you this again Miss Rodriguez." he said shaking his head. 

Yep, it was the email. I was told off for how many times I had gotten up to get a coffee, "A person does not need to drink coffee that time, every time you get up you don't come back for five minutes, thats nearly an hour you waste getting coffees," were his somewhat exact word last time I had to sit in this chair. So it had to be the email because now I have all the shots at once in the morning. 

The time before that I was in this seat, I was told off for using the  phone for private matters, it wasn't even for private matters! I was speaking to his brother. How that even private? His brother was the one that was asking me a question as a personal assistant I was meant to answer it the best I could.

"Mail-," he began. 

"Sorry sir it was only one email, I won't email her again," I quickly said shaking my head and clasping my hands on my lap.

"-needs to be put out by three, not at three, by three-what?" he looked at me confused and I froze. Oh shit. Now he narrowed his eyes at me looking confused, "What are you talking about,"

"Ah...I, uh, Angela! Talking about Angela," I nodded, "I thought you meant emailing Angela." I cleared my throat shifting in my chair, "Like you told me to email her and I only emailed her once even though she still owed the invoice amount to us?"

Gabriel stared at me for a solid twenty seconds before he blinked, probably thinking idiot. He sighed and I fidgeted, I said too much. 

"No, I'm talking about the mail that needs to be sent, now the cheque payment can't be sent till Friday because you forgot to put the mail out yesterday."

Maybe the mail man should knock and ask, he comes at a new time everyday even though he has a dedicated time. I don't get why I can't just go to the post office and drop it off? It wasn't like it was an hour away, it was literally two blocks away. It would be so much easier, having a mail man come on three random days a week at 3 p.m. on the dot and not even knock was confusing. I had a million other things to do, like staple your documents because you can't use a stapler. 

But there was no point telling him that, he would just say welcome to the corporate life and learn to do your job properly. 

"Sorry Mr. Parish, I'll make sure to put it out tomorrow."

He nodded and flicked a hand to dismiss me and I started getting up when he spoke as I was halfway out of my seat.

"Wait, what did you say you did in school again."

"What?" I asked confused, "I didn't say anything...sir." I don't think I even mentioned school. I wish I was in school, at least it was set hours. 

"Not now, in your resume." What resume? Oh shit, resume. Damn it, how was I meant to know what I wrote down ages ago, "Your...school subjects in high school. I believe you did drawing of some sort."