Ch 16 - Itoshi Rin

Thoughts/talking with M/n: ‘ ‘
M/n: Monster name

Y/n was meditating to have a talk with M/n, as Y/n had chosen what he wanted to gain from Team V and his own Team.

‘I want Nag-’ Y/n was going to say as he was cut off by M/n.

‘You already get that for free since you had beaten him in a one on one when he was trying, so in other words you have devoured him’ M/n states.

‘If I still can choose two then I want Zantetsu’s acceleration and Chigiri’s speed’ Y/n glad that he doesn’t need to spend anything to get Nagi’s trapping. While also gaining two very good weapons that focus on speed as to allow Y/n more options in the scoring department.

‘Done, and see you next time’  M/n says.

Y/n opened his eyes to get back to training as it was the first night of their training or what Y/n and his team call “hell”. Y/n had gotten to bed to rest so that Y/n could improve his stolen/copied weapons aka make his body adapt to the weapons faster.

It has been a few days after this training started as Y/n focused on increasing his speed which in turn increased his top speed and acceleration. Which led to Y/n hogging one of many treadmills.

“Even our best player is putting in the effort” Bachira said.

Bachira then noticed that Y/n was going at the speed that they did at the start of blue lock at the moment Y/n got on the treadmill until now which was five straight minutes. Unbeknownst to the team Y/n wants his body to get used to Chigiri’s speed as well as Zantetsu’s acceleration.

During this time Y/n developed a good relationship with Kunigami in terms of lifting weight as both were trying to lift slightly heavier weights than the previous day. Y/n had forgotten the one person he has to overcome in a way? As Y/n had only been focusing on being the best striker here japan and then the world itself.

Of course Kunigami was wondering why Y/n came to blue lock as the E-5 were eating next to each other.

“Hey Y/n?” Kunigami said.

“Hm?” Y/n made a sound acknowledging Kunigami.

“Why did you come to blue lock?” Kunigami asked.

“I was wondering the same thing?” Bachira, and Isagi say at the same time as they look at each other realizing they said the exact same thing at the same time. Y/n was thinking if he should say the real reason or the same reason as everyone here.

“It’s complicated, but overall the same as everyone here wanting to be the best striker in the world” Y/n said. The rest of the E-5 decides not to ask why it’s complicated as it might be a personal reason. So they decided internally that they won’t press any further. The E-5 now hear that it was time to sleep as they all meet their team who were approaching the room they were designated at the start.

Y/n was asleep when he was brought back where he first met M/n as he saw himself or an older version of himself wearing a uniform for a team that is in Spain and in Germany as it was switching between those two uniforms. Y/n was confused by this but quickly realized that two teams in the respective countries could be fighting for Y/n to join their club. But Y/n then saw a shadowy figure who was the person Y/n needed to overcome and the second reason Y/n wanted to score impossible goals was a player from……

Y/n had woken up as the time was up now they’re moving to the second selection, Y/n was tired being stuck with the worst of the worst as he was confused on why he was put with them. As they entered the room where they were supposed to be for the second selection, Y/n noticed that this place also had the teams that were eliminated.

Y/n was able to tell it was from the other “Stratums” who were on the same team as them V to Z, as this whole time Ego made them think they were all the 5 weakest team in blue lock.

“So that’s why” Y/n mumbled to himself as Isagi was confused.

Ego appeared on a screen on a wall above a door that no one came from explaining why this was the case as Y/n knew that he would be able to see Itoshi Rin and possibly Shidou again. As well as explaining that from now on Blue lock will start its second selection, while also explaining the rules of the selection.

As Y/n is thinking this he sees the figure of Rin smiling knowing that his team would be able to witness another absolute striker on a higher level than Barou one that is on a similar or equal level to himself. Rin proceeds to get two balls as he puts them both on the ground and kicks one of them with good power while kicking the second ball with precise accuracy.

The two balls connect in the air which shocks everyone as Y/n already knew of this as Y/n had faced Rin multiple times as both Rin’s and his team’s are in competition for the best team in japan (Not including the national team).

As the members on Team Z look on in shock as what Rin did, Y/n was looking at Rin with a smile. Rin saw Y/n and just mouthed the words…

“Lukewarm” Y/n was able to tell what Rin said. Y/n saw Rin enter the door, as Y/n then tells his team something as to encourage them.

“Don’t worry about him right now, and focus on the fact that once this is almost over you’ll reach his level of skill. Heck be even better than him, so cheer up” Y/n said. His team nods at him as they try to decide the order of who is going first to who’s going last.

“I’ll be going first,” Isagi said.

“I’ll go next then” Y/n said.

The rest of Team Z decide the order as Isagi enters, and after minute Y/n follows. Y/n sees a door as Y/n then has one thought ring through his mind as soon as he enters the door which leads to a big room.

‘Let the second selection begin’ Y/n thought.